Last week, i conducted a mini dosa mela at home:)Yup,I made 4 +1 dosas and dosa upma .I made 2-3 dosas in each variety..
So here are the dosa varieties,
- Idli / Dosa batter – 1 cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Oil – to sprinkle
- Heat dosa tawa by greasing with oil and pour a ladleful of batter.
- Spread a little.Don’t make it too thin, at the same time not like uthappam.Thickness should be in between.
- Now sprinkle the grated coconut and pour little oil/ghee around the dosa and cook for a min.
- Flip the dosa and leave till coconut turns light golden brown.This gives the nice aroma & flavor for this dosa.
- Dosa Batter – 1 cup
- Big onions – 3 nos (Grated )
- Green chillies - 1 no ( finely chopped , optional)
- Sesame oil – to sprinkle.
- Repeat the first two steps given above and spread the grated onions around with a tsp of sesame oil.
- Cover cook for a minute and then flip the dosa.
- Cover again and leave till onions turn golden brown.Flame should be medium.
My MIL used to make this dosa in a kadai.Heat the kadai with little oil and pour half-ladle of batter.Top up with grated onions and cover the onions by pouring another half-ladle of batter.Cover cook by pricking in the center.Serve hot!!
MIXED VEGETABLE DOSAIngredients:
- Dosa batter – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1 no (Finely chopped )
- Beans – 4-5 nos (Finely chopped)
- Big onion – 1 no (-do-)
- Green chilly – 1 no (-Do-)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece (-do-)
- Oil – to saute & sprinkle
- Heat a kadai with a tbsp of oil and add all the finely chopped veggies (chop it like how u chop for fried rice!!)
- Saute the chopped onions ,green chillies,ginger and then veggies.Keep aside.
- Then heat the dosa tawa and pour the ladleful of batter.
- Make it thick like uthappam.
- Sprinkle the sautéed veggies and pour little oil around it.
- Cook for a minute and flip it over.
- Cook the other side and serve hot.
ERRA KARAM MASALA DOSA
Last but not the least , dosa upma
- Dosa – 2-3 nos (dosa shouldn’t be thin,should be slightly thicker)
- Big onion – 2 nos (slice cut )
- Red chilly – 2 nos (split into two ) or chilli powder – 1/4 tsp ( i used red chilly )
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Lemon juice – a few drops.
- Oil - 1tbsp
- Cut the dosa into bite sized pieces. set aside.
- Heat the kadai with oil and add mustard,urad,channa dal,red chilly and curry leaves and onion slices in the same order.
- Fry till onion turns transparent.
- Now add the dosa pieces and toss it well.
- Add salt if required.
- Sprinkle very little water and cover cook for a minute.Stir it in between.
- Remove from the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Add 2-3 drops of lemon at the end just before serving.
Iam very happy in sending this to Monthly Mingle 31– Kids Launches hosted by Srivalli and originally started by Meeta.
Ok friends, i hope u enjoyed reading all dosa varieties and i am sure u will try it.I am leaving to my native place tomorrow and will be back on Monday.See u all on Tuesday. Bye for now.
Have a great weekend ahead!!Take care:)