I love dosa a lot. I never fail to eat dosa in 101 dosa varieties stall whenever I visit Big bazaar, Banashankari. When I was young, my mom used to make different types of dosa @home during weekends using Idli,dosa batter to make us eat more. I too follow the same technique for my husband & daughter to have more dosas. Last week, I conducted a mini dosa mela at home:) Yup, I made 4 dosa varieties along with ghee roast dosa and dosa upma for my family.I made 2-3 dosas in each variety. I prepared Coconut dosa, Onion dosa, Mixed vegetable dosa and Andhra Erra Karam masala dosa for our breakfast .Do try these dosa varieties for your family.They would love it for sure.Lets see how to make South Indian dosa varieties using dosa batter !
MIXED VEGETABLE DOSA
ERRA KARAM MASALA DOSA
- Dosa – 2-3 nos (dosa shouldn’t be thin,should be slightly thicker)
- Big onion – 2 nos (slice cut )
- Red chillies – 2 nos (split into two ) or Idli powder – 1 tsp ( I used red chilly )
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Lemon juice – a few drops.
- Oil - 1tbsp
- Cut the dosa into small bite sized pieces. set aside.
- Heat the kadai with oil and add mustard,urad,chana dal,red chilly and curry leaves and onion slices in the same order.
- Fry till onion turns transparent.
- Now add the dosa pieces and toss it well.
- Add salt if required.
- Sprinkle very little water and cover cook for a minute.Stir it in between.
- Remove from the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Add 2-3 drops of lemon at the end just before serving.
Have a great weekend ahead!!Take care:)
Technorati Tags: dosa varieties,dosa recipes,dosa varieties recipe,different types of dosa recipe,different types of dosa recipes,dosa varieties south indian,instant dosa varieties,dosa varieties for kids