- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Powdered jaggery – 1 cup
- Water – 1/2 –3/4 cups (it varies)
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Grated coconut –1/4 cup
- Heat a pan with 1/2 cup of water and add the powdered jaggery to it.
- Let it melt and strain the impurities if any..
- The syrup starts to boil and becomes frothy ..now add the grated coconut,cardamom powder along with rice flour.
- Mix well till it becomes like a chapatti dough.If the water is not sufficient,add little hot water..(keep the hot water ready before this step).First i used 1/2 cup of water to make the syrup,then i added 1/4 cup of hot water.If u feel the water is more,add rice flour..No problem:)
- Now remove from the flame and let it cool.
- Grease the idly maker plates with gingely oil .
- Make oval shaped balls with the dough and just press it with ur fingers.(U can get an idea by looking at the picture)
- Steam it in the idly maker as u make idlies..
TRIED AND TASTED : CHANNA PULAO
I tried this channa pulao from viki’s kitchen.It was very good.I made it for my husband’s lunch box.I just reduced the number of red chillies ( i used only 3 nos) , rest the same.U can find the actual recipe here..Thanks viki.. i’ve got a healthy rice recipe from u:)