I learnt this podi recipe from my MIL..She makes the best thogayals and podis . We have this podi with idli/ dosa and plain rice topped with sesame oil.. Its a healthy and delicious podi variety.
- Curry leaves – 1 bunch (1 cup)
- Red chilly – 2-3 nos
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Urad dal (round) – 2 tbsp ( or u can add 1 tbsp of urad and 1 tbsp of channa dal )
- Hing / Asafetida – 2 pinches
- Salt – to taste
- Heat a kadai with a tbsp of oil and add the red chilly, urad dal, pepper corns and hing.
- Roast till the dal changes to golden brown color.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients to a plate.switch off the flame.
- In the same hot kadai , add the curry leaves and toss it well.(fire off!!)
- Leave it for sometime.. the curry leaves become crispy.
- Finally grind everything to a fine /a bit coarse powder by adding the required salt. ( i always grind a bit coarse)