I learnt this from my neighbor.Whenever i run short of idly rice / Puzhungal arisi , I make this dosa.The ingredients and the method are a bit different from the usual poha dosa. Usually its batter is made using buttermilk and no fermentation is needed or may use cooked rice and prepare.But i ferment the batter at least for 8 hours.So u can prepare this dosa only by the next day.
Try this , i am sure u will like this.
- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Poha / Aval – 1/2 cup (slightly more is also OK)
- Fenugreek seeds – 1.5 tsp
- Salt & water – As needed.
- Wash and soak the rice , poha and methi seeds together for 2 hrs.
- Grind it to make a smooth batter by adding salt & water.
- U can grind it using mixie too.
- Keep the batter for 8 – 10 hrs to ferment.
- The next day , mix the batter well and make dosas.
- U all know , this dosa is small in size .So do not spread the batter on the tawa.Make it a small circle.
- Apply oil around the dosa if desired.
- Then cover cook and don’t flip the dosa.
Serve hot with Coconut / Tomato chutney !!
I served with tomato –coriander chutney ..
KITCHEN CLINIC :
|POHA / AVAL : |
Aval (also called poha, chivda or pohe)is a popular Indian breakfast dish made with rice flakes. It is also served as evening snacks.
Aval, also called beaten rice is a convenience food . It is made from rice which is beaten or pressed / flattened. It cooks very fast. It can also be eaten as it is by mixing with milk and sugar(like cornflakes) or with curd(plain yogurt)and salt or sugar , as u prefer.
Poha is rich in iron .
Tried & Tasted :
A very healthy , simple to cook and tasty gravy . We just loved it. I was searching some gravies with palak which i dont use in my regular cooking.I came across this recipe in her blog and i immediately bookmarked it.I packed this for my hubby’s lunch and he called from office particularly to praise me.All the credits comes to u Ash