I prepared this sweet within 15 mins.. Very easy and ideal to prepare for surprise guests..
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Besan flour – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 1/2 cup (slightly less )
- Sugar – 1/2 - 3/4 cup ( i used 1/2 cup only.. increase based on ur taste buds)
- Cashew nuts – a few
- Cardamom seeds – 3 nos
- Powder sugar along with cardamom in a mixie
- Melt ghee, add gram flour.Roast until color changes and leaves a nice aroma.
- Add the wheat flour and roast on a low flame till aroma spreads and it becomes a bit lumpy .Add the roasted cashew pieces and mix well.
- Remove from flame, cool it.
- Mix powdered sugar.
- Make ladoos by taking small portions of this mixture in your hands..
- Enjoy !!
If u r not able to shape the balls, add more melted ghee , mix well and then shape it..
- Khus Khus / Poppy seeds – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1.25 cups
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Milk – Little to grind poppy seeds
- Powdered Nutmeg & cardamom – Little.
- Soak poppy seeds in hot water for 4 hours.
- Drain the excess water and grind to a smooth paste using little milk.
- Take the paste in a vessel and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Add sugar to the cooked paste and heat it in a heavy bottomed kadai stirring constantly.
- When it sticks to the bottom, add the ghee little by little.
- When complete moisture is absorbed and halwa gets a shine , add the rest of ghee , cardamom& nutmeg powders and remove from fire.
- Cashewnuts – 100 gms ( 1/2 cup)
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Rose essence - a few drops (optional)
- Water – just to cover the sugar.
- Ghee - a tsp ( to grease)
- Dry roast the cashews in a hot kadai without changing the color.Switch off the flame and leave the cashews in the kadai for 10 – 15 mins to make it crispy.
- Dry grind it in the mixie to make a fine powder . Run the mixie continuously till it becomes a nice powder.
- Transfer it to a wide bowl and add the essence to it.mix it well.
- Take the sugar in a bowl and add the water just to cover the sugar.
- Heat till it reaches **one string consistency.
- Add the cashew powder and mix well until it forms a thick mass like chapathi dough ( should be slightly sticky and test it by making small balls).
- Apply ghee on 2 thick sheets ( butter paper ) and transfer the dough on a sheet.It will harden in few minutes.Cover it with another sheet and roll out like a thin chapathi.(If the dough is too hard , add little milk , knead well and the roll it.)
- Peel off the top sheet and decorate with silver warq.
- One more method suggested by mallika badrinath is , instead of adding the cashew powder in the sugar syrup, add sugar syrup to the powder. ie , after the single string is reached , remove the syrup from fire and mix to the cashew powder little by little like how to knead chapathi dough.It may not need all the syrup.Make a soft , smooth , non-sticky dough , roll and make shape. I've tried this method too. It will come out well..
- Sugarless khova– 3/4 cup
- Maida – 1/3 cup
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp
- Cooking soda - A big pinch
- Water - As needed
- Sugar – 1 cup ( 250 gms)
- Rose essence – a few drops Or cardamom powder - 4 pods (crushed)
- Kesar color – a pinch (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients given above and bring it to a soft , pliable dough.Add the required water.Keep it aside for 15 minutes..Do not knead the dough much..
- Make small balls without cracks and deep fry them in a low flame till it becomes soft.(plz dont fry till crispy and the ball should be evenly cooked) .Keep it aside.
- In a broad vessel make take the sugar and add equal amount of water.Allow it to dissolve completely by constant stirring in a low flame.Make sure the sugar syrup does not start to boil before it dissolves completely.
- Once it is dissolved , raise the flame and allow it to boil for 5- 7 mins.Add the kesar color when it boils.Add a few drops of lime juice to retain the consistency.
- Finally add the rose essence and switch off the flame.Add the jamuns when the syrup is hot.
- Leave it for an hour and serve !!
- Par boiled rice / Idly rice –1 cup
- Gram flour / pottukadalai maavu – 1/2 cup
- Besan flour – 1/2 cup
- Shallots / sambhar onions – 1/2 cup
- Red chilly – 6 nos
- Salt & water – As needed.
- Oil – to deep fry & 1 tbsp
- Soak the rice in water for 2 hrs.
- Drain the water and grind it along with shallots and red chilly , salt to make a smooth batter .Add little water to grind.
- The batter should be thick & smooth.
- Then add the flours to it and mix well.Knead to make a chapathi dough.
- Put this in the murukku press with star mould in it.
- Press it in hot oil to make murukkus.
- If u feel the batter is watery, add little roasted gram flour / Pottukadalai maavu to bring it to dough consistency.
TRIED & TASTED
VEG BRIYANI FROM JEYSHRI’S BLOG
A very tasty , flavorful briyani . Thanks jeyshri.We relished it
Uma and A2Z veg cuisine have showered me with these honorable awards.Thanks a ton dearies.I feel elated