I tried this thogayal from a cookbook. A very tasty thogayal that goes well with plain rice topped with sesame oil.
- Chayote / Chow chow – 1 no( medium size)
- Tamarind – Small gooseberry size
- Red chilly – 3-4 nos
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Hing / Asafetida – 1 pinch.
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt & water – As needed.
- Heat a kadai with a tbsp of oil and add red chilly, urad , channa dal and hing.
- Roast till the dals turn golden brown.Set aside.
- Peel off the skin of chayote and chop finely.Saute and cook till soft.
- Let it cool down and then grind everything with tamarind ,salt and water.
- Serve with plain rice & sesame oil..