I tried this from Nags Space..I made some slight changes according to the ingredients what i had in hand..The taste was excellent ..Thanks a lot Nags..I want to treasure this recipe in my blog for future reference. .So here comes the yummy restaurant style PBM .Do try this and let me know ladies..
- Paneer – 50 gms (cubed ) ( Fry in little oil and soak in hot water till usage)
- Big onion – 1 no (chopped finely)
- Tomatoes – 2 nos (medium sized , blanched, peeled and pureed)
- Ginger , Garlic paste – 1 tsp ( i used 1 inch ginger & 5 cloves of garlic)
- Coriander powder – 1.5 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 1 tsp
- Salt- As required.
- Milk – 1 cup ( use as reqd)
- Fresh cream - 1 tbsp ( i dint have fresh cream ..so i removed a tsp of skin from the boiled milk and added .)(Paalaadai)
- Cashew – 5 nos ( Grind to a smooth paste)
- Coriander leaves – to garnish.. ( i dint use)
- Blanch tomatoes and peel the skin.ie boil tomatoes in water till it cracks.Then peel the skin and set aside.Grind cashews to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- In a wide mouthed kadai , take a tbsp of oil and add the chopped onions .Saute till it turns transparent .
- Now add the G& G paste and saute till its raw smell emanates.
- Then add all the powders and Mix well for sometime in low flame..Make sure it doesn’t get burnt.
- Take all these ingredients in a mixie jar and grind it along with blanched tomatoes.Make it to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add 1 tbsp of oil.when the oil is hot,add this ground paste and saute till its raw smell vanishes.Allow it to boil.Then add the ketchup , required salt and milk and cashew paste.Let it boil and thicken.U get a nice orange color.
- Check for spice & salt.If its too spicy add some more milk and vice versa.
- At last add the paneer cubes , Milk skin ( paalaadai ) and toss well . Boil & Switch off the flame..
As i dint have a stock of fresh cream and coriander leaves , i couldn’t garnish ..But still there was no compromise in taste.I am sure it gotta restaurant taste..Its a keeper recipe..And NAGS , thnx so much again
Kindly adjust the quantity of ingredients according to ur taste buds by keeping this as a reference ..
|PANEER : |
Paneer is one of the most varied and fascinating of dairy products. In its most basic form, cheese is the curdled milk of sheep, goats, cows or other mammals.
Health benefit of Paneer
1: Paneer is a good source of calcium, which helps build strong bones and teeth, and also prevents osteoporosis. Cheese provides 25% of the calcium in the food supply.
2: Paneer in moderation, is associated with lower body weight as well as reduced risk of developing insulin resistance syndrome.
3: Paneer is a good source of protein and it reduces cancer risk.
4: Paneer can prevent stomach disorders and even help with your bones as you get older, especially in women.
5: It also helps in lower, back and joint pain.
Nutritional information of Paneer
100 gms of paneer made from cow milk provides
Protein - 18.3 grms
Fat - 20.8 grms
Mineral - 2.6 grms
Carbohydrates - 1.2 grms
Energy - 265 kcal
Calcium - 208 mgs
Phosphorous - 138 mg
How to make paneer?
Paneer is quite easy to make at home. Bring 2 litres of fresh whole milk to the boil. Add 2 table spoons of vinegar or lemon juice or curd and stir well. Put aside. After the milk has curdled, wrap it in a clean muslin cloth, rinse with fresh water and drain well. Form a ball and place it under a heavy saucepan for approx. 20 minutes. 200 g of your paneer is ready..