Sorry for such a delayed post.I had a problem of publishing in WLW.Just now i resolved it.
.An easy to make and Yummy cutlet is here for u all.Do try this and let me know .I took the recipe from Mrs.Mallika Badrinath’s cookbook..
- Potatoes – 3 nos ( boiled & mashed)
- Peas – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Medium sized carrots – 2 nos (boiled & grated)
- Big onions – 2 nos (finely chopped)
- Fine bread crumbs or rusk powder – 1/2 cup
- Corn flour /Maida – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1.5 tsp ( replace with finely chopped green chillies )
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Oil – to sprinkle.
- Salt & water – As required.
- Peel and chop the onions finely.
- Pressure cook the potatoes with skin and mash coarsely.
- Steam whole carrots and grate it once cool down.
- Heat oil in a deep curved pan and fry onions till transparent.
- Add grated carrots , mashed potatoes & boiled peas.
- Fry in high flame till moisture gets absorbed.
- Add salt , chilli powder , garam masala and Mix well.The mixture should come out as a non-sticky thick dough.(if u feel its watery , add little maida to make a dough)
- Remove from fire and cool down.
- Mix maida or cornflour in little water to make a paste.
- Make medium sized balls from the vegetable mixture.
- Dip it in maida paste and roll on bread crumbs to coat it well.
- Shape as u like into thin cutlets .
- Heat a tawa and arrange a few cutlets on top.
- Pour oil around and fry till brown on both sides by flipping it once.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup and mint chutney.
KITCHEN CLINIC :
|POTATO : All those naughty children around the world, who dislike eating any vegetable and hate them like anything, share another common interest. All of them like potatoes. This is the magic of the potatoes. You will hardly find anyone who dislikes them. |
Today one cannot even imagine vegetables without potatoes. This shapeless and ugly looking tuber, bearing the scientific name Solanum Tuberosum, has cast a spell on us. Potato lovers (including me), and those who do not like them, will be equally delighted to know that potatoes have more in store for them than just carbohydrates and calories. Let us uncover them.
The health benefits of potato include the following:
Tried & tasted :
I prepared this chutney for dosa and it was an excellent side dish.I had this type of chutney in some restaurants ..I’ll surely try this for my guests too..Thanks a lot mye