I am a big fan of brinjal.I love anything prepared with brinjal..My mom used to make brinjal gravy for idly and stuffed poriyal.After my marriage , i learnt some more varieties of dishes using brinjal .One among them is ennai kathrikai kuzhambu. I love this gravy a lot..I know most of u make this at home..Here comes our way of making it..
- Brinjal (Medium sized ) – 5-7 nos (slit into 4)
- Tamarind – A big gooseberry size
- Salt & water – As required.
To roast & grind :
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Channa dal – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Pepper corns - 2 tsp
- Red chilly – 1 no
- Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
- Roast and grind all the items given above and set aside.(first add the pepper corns , once it starts to splutter add the remaining items and fry.At last add the grated coconut , roast for a minute and switch off the flame. Grind everything into a coarse powder.)
- In the same kadai , add the slitted brinjal.Roast till it gets cooked .The skin of brinjal gets browned.
- Take the tamarind extract and add the roasted brinjal to it.
- Allow it to boil with the required salt & water.
- Then add the roasted powder and boil for some more time..
- Switch off the stove and serve hot..
Enjoy this gravy by mixing in hot rice topped with ghee..
KITCHEN CLINIC :
|BRINJAL : |
Benefits Of Brinjal