I love morkuzhambu. Its the simplest , easiest , hassle free curry that can be prepared in no time. I usually follow my mil’s method.For a change ,i tried my mom’s method today.My mom never adds turmeric powder but i used here for a nice color ..My mom always add masal vada in this kuzhambu. That gives an additional flavor and taste. Sometimes she adds ladys finger too. But i dint add anything here ..I just added shallots , njoyed with hot rice and carrot-beans poriyal. Slurpppppp…. it was yummmy.
1 cup - 200ml
For 1 person:
- Sour Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Gram flour – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Salt & water – As needed.
- Coconut –2 tbsp grated
- Green chilly – 2-3 nos (small)
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Shallot / small onion – 2 nos
- Jeera / cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly – 1/2 no (pinched into two)
- Sambar onions/ shallots – 10 nos (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – a few
- Grind all the ingredients given under "to grind" to a smooth paste.In a bowl whisk the sour curd and add little water,salt, ground paste ,gram flour and mix well..
- In a kadai temper the items given above and add it to the buttermilk mixture.
- Keep the bowl in medium flame and allow the buttermilk to boil & rise.
- Mix with the ladle and again allow it to boil for few seconds.Never roll boil.Keep the flame medium.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve hot
- Do not allow the buttermilk mixture to roll boil.It should just raise.
- Roll boiling makes the gravy watery and lose all its taste.Hope u all know this..:)