- Raw banana – 1 no
- Toor dhal – 1.5 tsp
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp ( adjust )
- Salt & water – As needed
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal – 1/2 tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – Few
- Pressure Cook toor dal and set aside.
- Cut the raw banana into small cubes and allow it to cook with sambhar powder, salt & required water.
- When it is done , add the tamarind extract , toor dal and boil for sometime.
- Temper the mustard seeds , urad & channa dal , hing and grated coconut. Roast the coconut well and add all the tempered items to the gravy /kootu.
- Finally add a tsp of coconut oil for additional flavor.
- Mix with plain rice topped with ghee or serve as an accompaniment for sambhar rice .Enjoy !!
|RAW BANANA : |
The banana is of great nutritional value. It has a rare combination of energy value, tissue-building elements, protein, vitamins and minerals. It is a good source of calories since it is rich in solids and low in water content as compared to any other fresh fruit.
Banana for energy A large banana supplies more than 100 calories. It contains a large amount of sugar that can be easily assimilated by the body. This makes it a good source of quick of quick energy and an excellent means to recover from fatigue. The use of bananas has been found beneficial in the treatments of several medical conditions such as intestinal disorders, constipation, arthritis, gout, anemia, allergies, kidney stones, tuberculosis and urinary disorders.