- Raw banana – 1 no
- Toor dhal – 1.5 tsp
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Sambhar powder – 1/2 tsp ( adjust )
- Salt & water – As needed
To temper :
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal – 1/2 tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – Few
Coconut oil – 1 tsp ( I added.its optional )
- Pressure Cook toor dal and set aside.
- Cut the raw banana into small cubes and allow it to cook with sambhar powder, salt & required water.
- When it is done , add the tamarind extract , toor dal and boil for sometime.
- Temper the mustard seeds , urad & channa dal , hing and grated coconut. Roast the coconut well and add all the tempered items to the gravy /kootu.
- Finally add a tsp of coconut oil for additional flavor.
- Mix with plain rice topped with ghee or serve as an accompaniment for sambhar rice .Enjoy !!
KITCHEN CLINIC :
|RAW BANANA : |
The banana is of great nutritional value. It has a rare combination of energy value, tissue-building elements, protein, vitamins and minerals. It is a good source of calories since it is rich in solids and low in water content as compared to any other fresh fruit.