I tried this from Mallika badrinath’s cookbook.We had with chapathi / Roti. It was very nice. It got a similar taste of mixed vegetable masala in restaurants. Try this for ur guests.. I am sure they’ll enjoy it.
1 cup - 250ml
1 cup - 250ml
- Potato – 3 nos (medium sized)
- Carrot – 2 nos
- Peas – 1/2 cup
- Big onion – 2 nos (slice cut)
- Salt & oil – As needed.
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Big onion – 2 nos
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Green chilly – 3 nos ( Saute in little oil ..Please increase the number of green chilly if u want spicy gravy. The original recipe calls for 5nos )
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Jeera / cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Pepper – 5 nos ( dry roast in a kadai separately)
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cardamom – 1 no
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Ginger – A small piece.
- Khus khus – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Curry & coriander leaves – Few
- Chop all the vegetables and pressure cook for 1 whistle. ( vegetables should not be mushy )
- Slice cut onions and keep aside.
- Now grind all the items given under “to grind” to a smooth paste adding required water.
- In a kadai , add 1tbsp of oil and saute the sliced onions.
- Add the ground masala & cooked vegetables.
- Add the required water , salt and simmer the flame.
- Let the gravy boils for 10- 15 mins to ooze out the raw smell of the ground masala.
- Add water if necessary & stir in between. After sometime u get a nice smell and the gravy gets thickened.
- Remove and serve hot garnished with curry leaves & coriander leaves.