I wanted to make a simple , healthy salad with sprouts, mixed vegetables and fruits for a long time. I googled so many basic salad recipes and came out with my version.Here i used grated beetroot .So the color of beetroot dominates here. Otherwise it would be a colorful salad to attract ur kids. Make ur choice of adding or omitting the veggies and fruits given in this recipe.
For 1 person
- Sprouted green gram - 1 handful
- Carrot - 1 no(grated)
- Beetroot - 1/2 no ( grated) (optional)
- Big onion - 1/2 no (chop finely)
- Cabbage - Few leaves ( chop finely)
- Pomegranate - 1 handful
- Guava - 1/2 no ( Chop into squares)
- Coriander leaves - A few
- Lime juice - Few drops
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - As needed
- Take a wide bowl and mix all the ingredients given above. Squeeze a few drops of lime juice. Mix well and serve !!
- Add two pinches of chat masala to the above recipe to give a nice flavor. But adjust the salt as chat masala contains salt.
- U can also add chopped tomato pieces and cucumber pieces when u want to serve instantly otherwise the salad may become watery.
- I usually pack the above salad for my hubby's lunch box without tomato and cucumber.