I learnt this from my mom.Usually my mom makes this as an accompaniment for keerai Kuzhambu .Its my favorite..Last week i made for mor kuzhambu . It was a flavorful and excellent combo.
- Beetroot - 2 nos (big)
- Moong dal - 2 tbsp
- Salt & water - As needed
- Sambar powder or Red chilly powder- 1.5tsp
- Grated coconut - 3 tbsp
- Small onion - 2 nos
- Jeera - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Big onion - 1 no (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves - Few
- Chop the beetroot into small pieces and pressure cook along with moong dal , sambar powder , salt & water.
- Grind all the ingredients given under "to grind "into a smooth paste adding very little water.
- Now temper the items mentioned above and add the cooked beetroot mixture.
- Then add the ground coconut paste and saute well till the raw smell emanates.