This is my husband's favorite thogayal. It tastes the best when paired with vatral kuzhambu . Its is a delectable combination.
- Moong dal - 1/8 cup ( 2 tbsp)
- Toor dal - 1/8 cup (2 tbsp)
- Red chilly - 1 no
- Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
- Pepper corns - 1/2-1 tsp ( adjust)
- Garlic cloves - 6 nos
- Salt - As reqd
- Take a kadai and add a tbsp of oil. Fry the dals along with red chillies.
- Once its cool, grind adding salt , grated coconut and little water to make a paste.
- Crush the pepper corns and garlic cloves using a mortar n pestle,add to this thogayal & run the mixie.
- Add little water if required to bring the desired consistency.