Nowadays i am making oats buttermilk porridge and oats- wheat rava idly for my hubby very often. I wanted to try some other simple and yummy dish with oats. Last weekend i tried this for our breakfast . I got this recipe from aval vikatan supplementary. It was very nice. The actual recipe called for grinding , fermenting and all. But i made an instant paniyaram with little left over idli/dosa batter. The taste was awesome. It was like the usual one we make with idli batter.We loved it. Try this and let me know.I’ve also written the actual recipe at the end of the post.Please have a look at it.
- Dry roast oats for few minutes and grind to make a fine powder.
- Mix idly batter and powdered oats with the required salt and water. The batter should not be too thick.
- Temper all the items given above and mix in the batter.
- Take a non-stick paniyaram pan and pour the batter. Drizzle little oil if necessary.
- Cover and cook for sometime. Flip and cook the other side for few mins.
- This paniyaram would be very soft inside . So dont think its uncooked. It cooks very fast just like our normal paniyaram . Just cover and cook in sim fire for sometime. Its enough.
- I dont like the smell of oats to be dominant here . So i’ve added equal quantity of oats and idly batter. U can lesser the amount of idli batter and try.
- Sometimes the sourness of batter may reduce if u add oats. Add little sour curd if needed.
|ACTUAL RECIPE GIVEN IN THE BOOK|
The same ingredients as mentioned above.