1 cup - 250ml
1 cup - 250ml
Curry leaves – few (8 nos)
To temper & saute
|Karisalankanni (Eclipta prostrata) is the herb of choice in treating liver diseases. This herb grows in marshy areas throughout the year. It grows abundantly during the rainy season. There are two varieties of karisalankanni, one has yellow flowers and the other white. The yellow one is more potent.Here are the names in various languages…|
The Botanical name : Eclipta alba
Tamil name : karisalankanni
Telungu : guntagalijaeru
Malayalam : kanjunni/kayyoni
Kanada : kadige garage
Sanskrit : bhringaraja/kesaranja
Arab : radium-el-blint
Hindi : bungrah/mochkand
Duk : bhangra
Other lang : kesatti/kesari
karisalankanni is also a specific remedy for jaundice. It has a great medicinal value in the treatment of hair. Karisalankanni is said to protect against night blindness and other eye diseases probably because of its high carotene content.
Uses1. It is good for teeth, skin and hair.
2. It induces appetite.
3. It aids digestion and helps expel fecal matter from the large intestines.
4. It heals ulcers.
5. It cleans the liver and encourages secretion of bile.
6. It cures inflamed liver also called fatty liver.
7. It expels intestinal worms, cures coughs and asthma, and tones the body.
8. The yellow variety is said to be particularly good for the skin and eyes.