Check out my coconut mint chutney/Pudina chutney too.
- About me
- Recipe index
- No onion No garlic recipes
- Side dish for roti
- Bachelors Recipes
- Paneer Recipes
- Millet & Oats Recipes
- Chutney Recipes
- Cakes & Cookies
- Kids recipes list
- Cooking Videos
- Indian Grocery list
- Readers voices
- Search In Chitra's Food Book
- Summer Recipes
- Mango Recipes
March 30, 2013
March 29, 2013
Technorati Tags: sharjah shake,sharjah shake recipe,kerala milkshake recipe,milkshakes,summer drinks,milkshake recipe,banana milk shake,banana milkshake recipe,Sharjah Milk Shake Recipe,Milk Shake using Butter Plantain,Sharjah Milk Shake Kerala Cuisine,kerala sharjah shake recipe,summer drinks recipes,summer drinks for kids,milkshake
March 28, 2013
Rava idli / Sooji idli /Semolina idli with step by step photos and Video ( Updated)
Rava idli ( Sooji idli/Semolina idli) is an easy, instant, Indian breakfast recipes that helps me whenever I run out of idli dosa batter. Very recently I started making this idli at home and I have made this 3-4 times so far.Sendhil loves this a lot.It comes out very soft and porous.I got this recipe from Aval vikatan’s restaurant style recipes supplementary book.Its cooking procedure is very simple.The softness of this idli lies in the consistency of batter, proportion of curd & ENO fruit salt or cooking soda.Please do not attempt this recipe without curd or Eno/Soda.To make a healthy breakfast recipe, my MIL adds vegetables like grated carrots, cabbage and cooked peas. So I too make this way sometimes. Rava idli tastes the best when served hot with coconut chutney.In some hotels, it is served with kurma. In Karnataka, rava idli is served with sagu or potato masala.Try this simple, easy, Instant rava idli recipe and let me know how u liked it.
Enjoy Soft, spongy rava idli for breakfast with sambar or chutney !
March 26, 2013
Carrot halwa | Gajar ka halwa is the easiest and delicious sweet recipe that can be made jiffy.The best thing about this sweet is it takes very less ghee unlike other halwa recipes. I made this for my daughter’s birthday . This is one of her favourite sweets.We love to have it with vanilla ice cream.. Usually carrot halwa is prepared with khoya or condensed milk (milk maid). But I made it in a very simple way with milk using pressure cooker. I followed my cookbook recipe for the preparation and it came out very well. If u want, you can cook the carrots in milk in low flame in an open pan which gives more taste. As I wanted to make it quick I followed the pressure cooker version. For more rich taste , a paste of almonds and cashews can be added at the end..Try this easy version , u’ll love it for sure
1 cup - 200ml
1 cup - 200ml
Technorati Tags: carrot halwa recipe,carrot halwa preparation,carrot halwa,gajar halwa,gajar ka halwa,quick carrot halwa,gajar ka halwa recipe,gajar halwa recipe,gajar halwa in english,carrot health benefits,halwa recipe,halwa less ghee,low fat sweets,diwali sweets,carrot halwa with ice cream,dessert recipes,easy dessert recipe,dessert,dessert recipes without oven
March 21, 2013
1 cup - 200ml
1 cup - 200ml
March 20, 2013
I love to eat all the vegetables. But Sendhil & Raksha run miles away when i prepare certain dishes using some vegetables..One such vegetable is banana stem / vazhaithandu. I have to think a lot before cooking these vegetables as how to make the dish appealing and make them eat. Last time when i went to salem my FIL bought me a tender banana stem.. When i was hitting my mind to try something new , my neighbour suggested this recipe.I tried it keeping my fingers crossed .To my surprise , sen said this is the second best recipe among the vazhaithandu dishes..I asked , which is the first one then ? He said its Vazhaithandu juice .. I must thank my neighbour for teaching me such a quick , easy n tasty dish. I started making this very often as this became my hubby’s favourite and an easy to prepare dish for me .There is no need to cook the banana stem.It has a crunchy taste.So this recipe can be made instantly.Only the cutting part takes some time.I used to cut it the previous day night & keep them immersed in buttermilk & refrigerate it till use . If u dont like to eat raw banana stem , pressure cook it for one whistle and proceed.Make sure u use a tender , fresh stem.This dish will be helpful for people under diet as the fiber content of banana stem helps to reduce the weight.It is very filling too.Try this recipe and let me know how u liked it ..
1 cup - 200ml
1 cup - 200ml
Technorati Tags: Vazhaithandu thayir pachadi,Vazhaithandu pachadi,vazhathandu pachadi,pachadi recipe,pachadi,vazhaithandu thayir pachadi recipe,thayir pachadi recipe,banana stem raita,banana stem raita recipe,plantain stem raita,plantain stem raita recipe,plantain stem,Vazhaithandu recipe,how to cut banana stem,how to cut vazhaithandu,thayir pachadi varieties
March 18, 2013
TIPS FOR FERMENTATION
After going through some websites , i am giving the tips for batter fermentation. Hope it will work for u ..
- First recommended thing for batter fermentation is to mix the batter using your hands.Mix the dal and rice batter thoroughly.. Uneven mixing causes failures. Mixing them by hand works best!
- A warm temperature is essential for fermentation. 25 to 28 °C (77 - 82.4 °F) will be ideal. If the weather is cold, keep some warm water in a large bowl and immerse the vessel containing the dough. To help maintain the temperature of the warm water bath, cover it with a blanket, or better, use a regulated heater, like a heating pad or aquarium heater. Even easier, turn on the light in the oven, and use that to keep the batter warm.
- When u grind the batter , pre heat the oven in 90c for 10 minutes and switch off the oven.Now keep the batter covered inside the oven and turn the oven lights on.. It helps ..
- Add 1/4 tsp of baking soda or baking powder to the ground batter and then ferment. It will help the batter to raise well in harsh cold conditions..
- Allow at least 8 - 12 hours to ferment. If you don't see tiny bubbles the next morning, the dough will not rise and you have to start all over again.
- If nothing works for u , try adding a fermentation starter like a spoonful of commercially prepared idli batter as they have live culture, it helps for fermentation..
- Use chlorine-free water when grinding, as this will be the water that the batter will have in it when fermenting. Tap water will work, but will inhibit the ferment a little. Most modern water filters remove both chlorine and chloramine. Use non-iodized salt such as ‘Kosher salt’ and Use spring water, boiled or filtered tap water to avoid Chlorine/Fluorine. For people who live in cold countries i have made a separate post for fermentation of idli batter with stepwise pictures.Please check this link.
Technorati Tags: idli dosa batter recipe,batter recipe,batter for idli,dosa,idli dosa batter recipe using mixie,idli dosa batter,idli recipe,dosa recipe,soft idli recipe,how to make soft idli,how to,easy step by step recipes,soft idli,crispy dosa,how to make idli,how to make dosa,idli dosa batter south indian,idli batter,dosa batter,how to make soft idlis,idli dosa batter recipe using mixer grinder,tips for idli batter fermentation,tips for fermentation
Very Good Recipes Tags: idli dosa batter recipe, batter recipe, batter for idli, dosa, idli dosa batter recipe using mixie, idli dosa batter, idli recipe, dosa recipe, soft idli recipe, how to make soft idli, how to, easy step by step recipes, soft idli, crispy dosa, how to make idli, how to make dosa, idli dosa batter south indian, idli batter, dosa batter, how to make soft idlis, idli dosa batter recipe using mixer grinder, tips for idli batter fermentation, tips for fermentation