Enjoy this soft, masala flavored Potato Poori at home with raita and sabji !
- About me
- Recipe index
- No onion No garlic recipes
- Side dish for roti
- Bachelors Recipes
- Paneer Recipes
- Millet & Oats Recipes
- Chutney Recipes
- Cakes & Cookies
- Kids recipes list
- Cooking Videos
- Indian Grocery list
- Readers voices
- Search In Chitra's Food Book
- Summer Recipes
- Mango Recipes
January 30, 2017
January 27, 2017
Eggless chocolate chip cookies recipe without brown sugar with step by step photos and a video !Eggless Chocolate chip cookies recipe was in my try list for years. Recently Sendhil bought some chewy chocolate chip cookies from abroad. Even though it was yummy, crispy choco chip cookies are our favorite. It tempted me to try at home. So I was looking for some recipes that yields crispy chocolate chip cookies. Finally I got this eggless chocolate chip cookies recipe without brown sugar from Gayathri’s cook spot. It is Tarla Dalal’s recipe. Gayathri had tried & shared it with her own tips. So this recipe was a double assurance for me. I baked this egg free chocolate chip cookies for Raksha’s evening snacks yesterday. It came out crispy, buttery and tasted great as I expected. I passed on few cookies to Raksha’s friends in my apartment. All the kids gave a big thumbs up. What else I need to share this recipe in my blog .Friends, do try this easy eggless chocolate chip cookies for your kids. It can be served as a breakfast along with a glass of milk or as an after school snack in the evening. These cookies can also be served for kids birthday parties and get together. In that case, cookie dough can be made in advanced and refrigerated till use. It can be thawed and baked at anytime. Lets see how to make eggless chocolate chip cookies with step by step photo and a video !
January 24, 2017
UPDATED : I tried this sambar with drumstick and updated a picture below. When I added drumstick, it tasted good with rice as well. So this sambar can be had with rice if you add drumstick.Also see the actual color of sambar. I served it with brown rice idli below.
POINTS TO NOTE
- As per the original recipe, the quantity of drumstick should be twice that of toor dal. For this quantity, u should use 1 drumstick. Chop into small finger size pieces.Alternatively, you can use 2 brinjal, 1 medium carrot,1 medium sized potato. But flavor of the sambar may vary.
- If you add drumstick, u can serve this sambar with rice too. Color of the sambar also varies.
- This Sambar masala needs 12 ingredients. So please keep them ready in a plate before roasting. Roasting the spices perfectly is the key for this sambar.So do not burn them.
- According to the original recipe, the quantity of tamarind and jaggery should be equal. But I reduced the jaggery as Sendhil doesn’t like the sweet taste in sambar.
- I used long red chilli but original recipe called for using guntur chilli. So slight color deviation in the sambar was there.
- The original recipe called for pressure cooking tomato, onion and drumstick pieces separately for one or two whistles in high flame whereas I cooked them along with the dal by keeping them in a small box inside the cooker. Refer the pics and video for more detail. I did this to reduce the cooking time of sambar.
- As a general rule of hotel sambar, it tastes the best when you give more standing time.So if you prepare this sambar for your guest, prepare it 3-4 hours in advance. Reheat it at the time of serving.
- The yield of this sambar will be more as it thickens when cools down.So add little water at the end, mix well, check for salt and then serve.
- If you want to make this sambar only for 2 people, use half of the quantity of ingredients mentioned.
- Adding ghee at the end is a must. It gives awesome flavor to this sambar.
- Garnish with coriander leaves without fail.
Enjoy this yummy idli sambar with piping hot idli ! Tastes great
Flickr Tags: Annapoorna hotel sambar recipe,Coimbatore annapoorna hotel sambar recipe,Coimbatore annapoorna hotel style sambar,how to prepare hotel style idli sambar,how to make hotel idli sambar,south indian style sambar,tiffin sambar recipe,how to prepare hotel idli sambar,hotel idli sambar in tamil,how to prepare idli sambar,hotel sambar powder recipe,mini idli sambar recipe in tamil
January 21, 2017
Carrot halwa recipe with step by step photo and a video !
Carrot halwa (Gajar Ka halwa In Hindi) is one of the most popular Indian desserts that is loved by all. Long back I had shared “How to prepare carrot halwa in pressure cooker”. That’s my go-to recipe for making easy and quick carrot halwa. Yesterday for a change, I prepared this traditional method of making carrot halwa in a kadai by using milk,sugar and ghee. I offered it as prasadam for my Friday Lakshmi Pooja. For making carrot halwa, Delhi carrots are mostly used by North Indians whereas I made it with our South Indian orange carrots(Ooty carrot). Traditionally it is prepared in a big iron kadai but I used my non-stick kadai that suits my Induction stove as I wanted to make a video recipe as well. So there are mild deviations from the perfect traditional ones but this one tastes and looks equally good. I have not used condensed milk ( Milk maid) Or Khoya/ mawa. So the preparation time and cooking time takes a bit longer that pressure cooker version. Still the final result makes you forget all the pain .Lets see how to make carrot halwa/ Gajar Halwa at home with step by step photos and video !!
Enjoy this delicious carrot halwa with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Its a blissful combo !!
Flickr Tags: carrot halwa recipe,carrot halwa step by step,gajar halwa,gajar halwa recipe,how to make carrot halwa,how to make gajar ka halwa,gajar ka halwa,carrot halwa south indian style,carrot halwa seivathu eppadi,south indian carrot halwa,easy halwa recipes,halwa recipes,carrot recipes,gajar recipes
January 19, 2017
Check out my Instant, ready to eat Poha Mix Recipe !
January 17, 2017
Try this healthy, Avarekalu soppu palya recipe for rice and enjoy !