This is the sweet which got me a good name from my hubby dear, my in-laws & relatives. So I decided to have this as my first post. I must thank my friend shalini for teaching me this yummy recipe. This is very easy to make. Even if u have a surprise guest, u can try this at that moment.It can be finished within 10 mins :) It is different from milk kesari in ratio, method of preparation as well as taste.It tastes similar to paal khova. Here is the recipe with ingredients
1 cup ( i used 2 tbsp less)
1/4 tsp (optional)
Method of preparation
1. Fry the cashew with a tsp of ghee and keep it aside.
2. Take the unboiled (raw) milk in a heavy bottomed kadai & add all the items into it except cashew & cardamom powder. Check for sugar and add more if necessary or else add milk if sugar is more. No problem about the ratio of rava/sooji. It should be minimum.
3. Keep it on the flame, Stir the mixture slowly till it becomes thick. But make sure u stir it at regular intervals to avoid lumps and sticking.
4. Once it becomes thick ,simmer the flame ,add the cardamom powder (if needed)& stir it continuously.
5. At one stage it will become non-sticky and it starts leaving the sides. (Hope u know halwa consistency). Switch off the flame.
6. Grease the plate with little ghee and spread the halwa into it. Decorate with fried cashew nuts and enjoy!!
7.Milk halwa is ready to serve hot. It stays good only for ONE DAY without refrigeration..
Note: Use thick milk for rich taste. For flavoring u can add saffron or vanilla essence instead of cardamom..U can try this recipe in microwave oven too..For 700w , keep it for 20mins & stir for every 3-4 minutes.
Hope u all try this recipe for new year:) PLZ bear with my bad photography.will surely impWish u all a c
NB: Here I have mentioned 1 cup of sugar. But I used little less than 1 cup (may be 2 tsp less).So depending upon the sweetness u require increase the quantity. Food Color is not necessary. If u need, u can dissolve saffron in little hot milk and add it.rove;) but not the least,