My Mom makes this dosa once in a month.It has a nice flavour and a different taste.I love this dosa very much.. It looks black but its taste and health benefits are amazing !! We use Broken Black Gram with skin to make the batter.If u don’t get the broken ones , just run the whole black gram in the mixie once or twice to break it.
It tastes very good with Onion-Garlic Chutney & Coconut Chutney..
Ingredients required for batter
- Idly rice/Boiled rice/Puzhungal Arisi – 4 cups
- Broken Black gram (with skin) – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tsp
- Crystal Salt /Kallu Uppu – As needed
Method of grinding
- Sambar onion /Shallot– 10 – 12 nos
- Red chilly – 4 nos
- Tamarind –Small gooseberry size
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Salt – To taste
- Soak shallot (Sambar onions) in water for 5 mins so that skin comes out easily.
- Peel the skin and grind it with all the items given above with required water to make it a paste. Check for salt.
This chutney tastes excellent with idly & all type of dosa !!!
- Coconut – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Red chilly – 3 - 5 nos
- Garlic pods – 3 nos
- Tamarind – Small berry size.
- Salt & Water – As needed.
- Grind all the ingredients given above to a smooth paste.
- Check for salt.
To know more about our health , visit here.
So let us have urad dhal in any form as vada,idly,dosa or Papad and get the above benefits:)