I tried this halwa in microwave and it came out very well!!
I took this recipe from a magazine.I did some modifications and tried!! Very simple & easy to do:)Mine is a 700w Power output oven.Here I’ve mentioned the time it took.Based on ur model,Please vary the setting time.
Cooking time: 24 mins
Standing time: 2 mins
- Green Peas or Dried Peas – 1 cup ( soak if using dried peas for 8 hrs)
- Water – 1/4 cup (add more if reqd.)
- Milk – 11/4 cup
- Sugar – 1cup
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 3tsp
- Cashew nut & Dry grapes – To decorate
Method of preparation
- Take the Green Peas/Dried peas with water in a microwave vessel and close it .
- MICRO- HIGH for 8 mins.Stir once in the middle.
- Take the cooked peas out and let it cool down.
- Grind the peas to make a paste using 1/4 cup of milk.
- Dilute the milk powder(I used amulya) in little lukewarm milk so that there will be no lumps.
- Now take the ground paste,dissolved milk powder & the remaining milk(1 cup) with sugar in a microwave vessel.
- Stir it well.Make sure there are no lumps.(TIPS: if u find any lumps , just run this mixture in the mixie once or twice)
- MICRO-HIGH for 12mins with lid open by stirring once in the middle.
- Now take the thickened halwa out and make a dent in the middle.
- Pour the ghee and add the pieces of cashew,dry grapes & cardamom powder into it.
- MICRO-HIGH for 4 mins with lid open.
- Remove the vessel and keep it as such for 2 mins(standing time).
- Then stir it well.
- Grease a plate with ghee and spread the halwa into it.
I take the pleasure in sending this entry to Srivalli’s My legume love affair-seventh Helping
and a link to My Legume Love Affair started by Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook.