I thought of posting idly sambhar , my mom’s special.As soon as i saw this award,i wanted to post this yummy sweet to share my happiness with all my dear blogger friends:) I pass this award to all my fellow bloggers as u all deserve it!!
Here is my first award :)
Thanks a lot viki:)
Its really boosting me… Thanks to all for being my support:)
Now coming to this cake,
We adapted this cake recipe from a magazine.Its quick and easy to make.Just a drop of ghee is used to grease the plate.That’s it.This cake is made of milk powder and maida.We used amulya milk powder. Very simple ingredients.As we tried this for the first time,we used minimum quantity of ingredients.It came out very well.It was so soft with nice flavor.No need of cardamom too.We got 5-6 small pieces.
So here is the recipe with ingredients.
- Milk powder(I used amulya) – 1 scoop ( 1 scoop = 1 tbsp)
- Maida – 1 scoop ( 1 tbsp)
- Sugar – 2 scoops (2 tbsp)
- Green color – a pinch
- Sift the maida and milk powder for even mixing.Keep it apart.
- Take the sugar in a kadai with little water(sugar should be immersed)
- Melt it ,add the color and heat it till one string consistency is reached(i.e.If u press the syrup between ur forefinger & thumb and release it,u’ll get one string-oru kambi padham).
- As soon as the consistency is reached,switch off the flame and remove it.
- Now add the powder to the sugar syrup and stir it continuously till u get bubbles ( fire off!!).
- As soon as u get lots of bubbles,pour it in a plate which is greased with a drop of ghee. Once its warm,Cut into desired shapes and decorate with fried Cashews and almond!!
Once again thank u all for ur support and encouragement:)