I took this recipe from Indian Culinary expert - Mallika badrinath’s “100 Vegetarian gravies/Kurmas” book.
First time ,i did a recipe with paneer.It came out very well.I was very happy ,everybody ate well
Here is the recipe :
- Paneer – 100 gms
- Finely chopped Vegetables (Carrot,beans,potato,peas,cauliflower) – 2 cups
- Tomato – 3 (Big sized)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Big onion – 2 nos
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1.5 tsp
- Coriander seeds powder / Dhania pwd – 2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1.5 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
To add finally:
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ghee /Butter – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Chopped Pine apple pieces,apple pieces – Few
- Cashewnuts,dry grapes,tutty –fruity – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Coriander leaves
Method of preparation:
- Cut the paneer into small cubes and fry in oil for 1-2 minutes by flipping it over.Make sure the color of paneer doesn’t change to golden brown/red.
- Immerse the fried paneer in hot water for 5-10 mins and take it out.Keep it apart.
- Pressure cook all the finely chopped vegetables.
- Peel the skin of onions and grate it.Keep aside.
- **Blanch the tomatoes and grind it to a smooth paste.Set aside.
- Heat a wok/pan with 1 tbsp of oil and add the ginger-garlic paste to it.Fry for a minute.
- Now add the onions and fry till turns golden brown.
- Add the tomato puree ,turmeric powder,chilly pwd,dhania pwd,garam masala pwd and salt.
- Fry till the oil leaves separates.
- Add the boiled veggies and fry for a min.Add little water and boil for sometime.
- Then add the fresh cream ,milk and boil for a minute.
- Finally add the fried paneer, fruits ,nuts and remove from the fire immediately.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves !!
Note : While serving ,u can keep chopped onions and lemon on the plate
**Blanch:Boil water and add the tomato into it.Close it for 5-10 mins .The skin of tomato gets cracked.Now remove the skin and grind it to make a puree.
Tastes great with Roti/Chappati,Naan etc…
1: Paneer is a good source of calcium, which helps build strong bones and teeth, and also prevents osteoporosis. Cheese provides 25% of the calcium in the food supply.
Nutritional information :
100 gms of paneer made from cow milk provides
Mineral -2.6 grms
How to make paneer?
Thanks akal of akal’s saapadu for passing me this award..U made me feel great..thanks a lot dear..
Thanks a lot Vidhas for making me a Super-Duper chef..
Thanku vibaas for passing me this award.
Thanks a ton raji of raks kitchen..Iam very much excited and happy by ur award..
I wish to pass all these awards to all the viewers and followers of my blog.Please accept it.:)