- Wheat flour / Atta – 1 cup
- Powdered jaggery – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom seeds – 2nos (powdered)
- Coconut pieces – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1.25 cups
- Heat a heavy bottomed kadai and put the jaggery with 1.25 cups of water.
- Melt it and make a syrup.Strain the impurities in a metal strainer.Bring it to boil.
- Now add the cardamom powder and the wheat flour along with coconut pieces (If u feel the water is not sufficient ,add 1/4 cups more).
- Mix it thoroughly so that no lumps are formed.
- Make it a dough.The dough is very soft to touch as we knead it in direct fire.
- Make balls of even size.
- Take a small polythene sheet or Plantain leaf greased with oil.Spread the ball with hands .
8.Heat a dosa tawa .Sprinkle some oil and put the adai into it.Cook on both sides till it becomes light golden brown.
Sweet n soft adai is ready to taste!!
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Sambhar powder or chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Asafetida / hing – 1/4 tsp
- Big onions – 2 nos ( finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig (-do-)
- Salt – to taste
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it well by adding a tsp of oil and reqd water.
- Knead a dough and keep it for half-an-hour by covering with a lid.
- Then make even sized balls and spread the ball with the hands.
4. Heat a dosa tawa by sprinkling oil and cook the adai till it becomes light golden brown on both the sides.
Tasty,Spicy adai is ready to serve hot with onion raita:)This is a mouth watering combination!!
Technorati Tags: GODHUMAI ADAI,WHEAT FLOUR ADAI,WHEAT FLOUR PANCAKE,WHEAT PANCAKE,DINNER RECIPES,LUNCH BOX RECIPES.,WHEAT FLOUR SWEET ADAI,SWEET ADAI,KAARA ADAI..