I took this recipe from “Aval Vikatan “ magazine under international cuisine section. I’ve done this 2-3 times so far.Its always a hit !!
- Maida / All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Hot water – As needed
- Gingely/Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
- Grated carrot –1 cup
- Grated cabbage – 1 cup
- Grated Onion – 3/4 cup
- Boiled n Mashed potato – 1/2 cup(optional)
- Green chilly – 2 – 3 nos(finely chopped)
- Garlic flakes – 4 nos (Finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch size (finely chopped)
- Ajinomoto – 1/4 tsp
- White pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Water – little to sprinkle.
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Knead the dough using Maida,salt,hot water and a tsp of oil and set aside.
- Heat a wok/kadai with oil and add the finely chopped ginger,garlic and green chilly .Fry for a min.
- Now add the grated onions and saute for a min.
- Then add the grated vegetables and fry for sometime till the raw smell leaves it.(keep in high flame and stir it constantly so that it wont get burnt)
- Now add the salt,soya sauce and ajinomoto.Toss it well.
- Finally add the white pepper powder and mix it well.
- Now sprinkle some water and close the kadai with lid.
- Let it cook for 1-2 mins(mix it once in the middle )
- The veggies will be fully cooked .
- Now switch off the flame and close it with a lid.
- Stuffing is ready.
For 1 cup of Maida,u can make 5-6 chapattis.
- Take the dough and make balls of even size as we make for chapatti.
- Roll it into a thin chapatti.
- Take 2 –3 tsp of stuffing and keep it the center.
- Now close all the sides of chapatti to make it a square and roll it once.I hope the picture gives u a clear idea!!
- Heat a dosa tawa and put the paratha over it.
- Sprinkle some oil and cook both sides till golden brown.