I link this post to Divya vikram’s Think spice – Think pepper event originally started by Sunita .
To dry roast and grind
- Pepper corns – 1 tbsp
- Jeera/Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Small onions – 5-7 nos ( finely chopped)
- Garlic - 10 flakes (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Tomato – 1 no(finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt and water
- Tamarind – Small gooseberry size
Method of cooking
- Dry roast pepper and Jeera together just for 1 min in a hot kadai.U’ll get a nice aroma.(Note:Jeera should not be turned black)Grind it in a coarse form.
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 5 –10 mins and extract juice from it.Add the pepper,Jeera powder to the extract.Keep it aside.
- Now heat a wok/pan with 1 tbsp of oil and add the mustard seeds.Once it pops,add the methi seeds.Fry..
- Add the finely chopped onions and garlic pieces along with curry leaves.Saute till they become translucent.
- Now add the tomato and cook till it becomes mushy.
- Add the turmeric powder and tamarind extract along with the required salt .
- Let it boil for 5-6 mins.Add water in the middle if necessary.
- Now switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
Yummy ,Spicy Milagu Kuzhambu is ready to serve with plain rice and ghee!! It tastes great when crispy potato poriyal is served as a side dish!!
2. For loss of appetite & Indigestion:
Grind 1 tsp of pepper ,1 tsp of Jeera with salt.Make it a coarse powder by adding a pod of garlic at the end.Mix it with ghee and plain rice and have it for 2 days.It improves the loss of appetite.
3.For dry cough: Roast 5 –7 peppers in 2 tsp of ghee till it splutters.Now remove the roasted pepper and eat it as it is.Drink the hot ghee (throat bearable heat).
We usually do all the above remedies at our home and are really beneficial:)
For Weight Loss:
If u drink pepper rasam(without rice) around 11 in the morning regularly,sure u will reduce ur weight by at least 1 kg per month(no dieting is necessary).But plz dont add too much of pepper .It may lead to stomach ulcer.Just normal amount of pepper as we use for rasam is sufficient!!
Pooja passed me this beautiful “friends” award!!Thanks a lot pooja
The award states that-These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement (? big word, lol). Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award..
I don’t want to conclude this award by passing it to just 8 people.I think all blogs deserve this award.
I pass this award to all the in this blogging world
Technorati Tags: Milagu kuzhambu,Milagu kuzhambu recipe,How to make milagu kuzhambu,Milagu kuzhambu for cold,Pepper kuzhambu,Pepper gravy for rice,Pepper gravy recipe,Pepper kuzhambu indian recipes,Pepper kulambu,Pepper recipes,Pepper kuzhambu recipe tamil,Milagu kuzhambu south indian,Pepper kuzhambu for cold