I prepared this sandwich a few weeks ago back but posted some other recipes.My husband likes this very much and its a kids friendly healthy,filling snack .This recipe gives the taste of sandwich in bakery..Try and let me know
- Bread slices– 10 nos (Use white ones not the whole wheat flour ones)
- Grated Carrot – 2 nos
- Grated onions – 1 no
- Grated potato – 1 no
- Boiled peas – 1/4 cup
- Green chilly – 1 no (finely chopped)
- Ginger, Garlic – crushed few pieces (If u want, add paste instead of crushed pieces)
- Curry leaves ,mint leaves , coriander leaves– a few (chopped)
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp (adjust)
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Lemon juice – few drops. ( if u dont want to use this u can replace with 1 tomato which is finely chopped.I used lime juice)
- Salt & oil – as needed.
- Ghee – to toast the bread.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the grated onion, ginger and garlic , green chilly pieces.
- Fry for a minute and add the mint ,coriander and curry leaves.Saute for sometime.
- Now add the grated carrot, potato , red chilly powder , turmeric and garam masala powder..Mix it well .
- Finally add the boiled peas .
- Add the salt , sprinkle some water and cover cook till carrot & potato gets cooked.This may take around 5 mins.Stir in between.
- After its done, check for salt & spice and add more if its required.
- Switch off the flame and add lime juice/chopped coriander leaves.
- SANDWICH MASALA IS READY!!
Toast the bread slices with ghee on the dosa tawa .If u have a toast maker , that’s fine.I don’t have one..If desired the sandwich can then be toasted using sandwich maker.
Take two toasted bread slices and place the sandwich masala in one and close it with the other.
Again put it on the tawa , press it well and serve hot with ketchup or mint chutney..
YUMMY sandwich is ready to enjoy with tea/coffee!!
TRIED & TASTED:
BABY CORN MANCHURIAN:
Last week i bought baby corn for the first time and i tried this manchurian from my Sister-in-law’s blog..…I have tried Gobi manchurian and the method of doing this is similar to that.Very tasty and we liked it very much..U can find the recipe here..I just adjusted the amount of sauce & chilli powder according to our taste..
Of all the foods which have been around throughout history, bread is close to being about the oldest one. The first ingredients were used during the Neolithic ages when bread is said to have been made from grains of ground cereal and water. The johnnycake, pita, tortilla and oatcakes from Scotland are ancestors of these early recipes.
Did you know that more than 59 pounds of bread and bread products are consumed by Americans?.
Bread is a wonderful source for iron, vitamins, calcium and protein as well as fiber in the whole wheat varieties which aids in the digestion process. Most white breads are not that high in calories, they usually range about 75 calories per slice or a little above; whole wheat on the other hand, is lower in
There are many health benefits of eating whole wheat bread, not just the high content of fiber. Whole wheat bread is also loaded with vital nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and niacin’s that are very important to your health and weight maintenance as well. Studies have shown that women who eat
Inflammation is lessened by people who eat healthy wheat breads on a regular basis and the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart diseases are lowered too.
The bread which is the healthiest for you can be found by checking the back label to see which ingredients are included in them. For the best health benefits from bread, either stone ground or whole grains should be the first on the ingredient label, not enriched. The bread should not contain high