I Usually make this bread upma during weekends in evening and sometimes in the weekdays for my daughter as evening snack..We like this very much..
Bye, catch u all in my next post :)
- Bread – 5 slices (Milk or whole wheat )
- Big onion – 1 no (slice cut)
- Green chilly – 1 no (finely chopped)
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Tomato – 1 no (finely chopped)
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Salt, oil & water – as required.
- Lime juice – Few drops (if u omit tomato, u can add lime juice b4 serving)
- Cut the onion, green chilly , tomato and set aside.
- Cut the bread slices into 4 small squares .Keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add the tempering items and fry.
- Then add the onion slices, green chilly, ginger& garlic paste,curry leaves and saute till onion turns transparent.Add tomato pieces and cook till it turns mushy.
- Add the red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder . Sprinkle little water to make a wet paste..
- Mix well and finally add the bread pieces .Toss it well.Make sure the bread pieces do not get crumbled & masala coated the bread very well..If needed sprinkle little water at this stage.. Please do not more water because bread will be soggy…
- Switch off the fire and add the lemon juice if desired.
- Garnish with coriander leaves..