I learnt this from my MIL .We make this at least once in a month…Slightly bitter in taste but a very healthy & aromatic dish .
- Dried Neem flower /Veppam poo – 2-3 tsp
- Tamarind – Big gooseberry size
- Red chilly – 3-4 nos (pinched into two)
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Jaggery / sugar – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt & water – as needed
- Cooking oil / ghee - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Toor dal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Dry roast neem flower in a kadai till brown and nice aroma arises .
Cool down.Crush it with ur hands and powder it.Set aside.
- Soak tamarind in water and extract the juice from it.
- Heat a kadai with oil and add the tempering items one by one..Add the pinched red chillies and curry leaves.Fry..
- Then add the tamarind juice , a pinch of turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the jaggery/sugar.Let it boil for sometime .
- Remove from fire.Then add the roasted and powdered neem flower..Mix it well.
Bye , catch u all in the next post