Yet anotherr unique , interesting dish from my friend Shalini….She just told me the recipe and i named it.. Its a yummy kids friendly recipe…We liked it sooooo much.Ingredients
- Mini idlies – 30 nos
- **Green chutney – 1 /2 cup
- **Idly milagai podi – 3 – 4 tsp
- Capsicum – 1/2 no (cube cut )
- Big onion – 1
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Tooth pick – 10 sticks
- Coriander leaves – 1 handful
- Big onion – 1 /2 no (less is also ok)
- Green chilly – 1 – 2 no (adjust )
- Salt - as needed
- Steam 30 idlies in mini idly plate..Set aside.
- Heat a kadai with oil.Add the capsicum and big onion ..Saute well.. Keep it apart..
- Heat the kadai with 1 tsp of oil /ghee and add 10 idlies to it..Sprinkle idly milagai podi over it and toss well..Make sure the idlies dont break.(I just shake the kadai to and fro) Transfer it to a plate..RED colored idly is ready!!
- Prepare green chutney with all the ingredients mentioned above and make it to a smooth thick paste..
- Take another 10 plain idlies and dip it into the chutney.It will turn into GREEN colored idlies..!!
- Take the last 10 white idlies..and arrange everything with capsicum and onion in between tooth picks as desired..
Quick and yummy idly tikka is ready ;)
Try and let me know :)
See u all in my next post