My neighbor told me this recipe..I tried this in a weekend long back for dinner..We just loved it..Last week i went to AAB for dinner..We had Mini tiffin and APCHI MUMBAI SANDWICH..To my surprise , it tasted really the same i prepared @home.So i thought of posting this simple yet yummy sandwich..Do try this and let me know ..No need to toast the bread and cut the corners ..U can do both if u want..
- White bread – 12 slices
- Carrot – 1 –2 nos (Grated )
- Butter – 1 – 2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup /Sauce – 2 tbsp (adjust )
- Tomato - 2 - 3 nos
- Cucumber – 1 - 2 no
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp (optional )
For Chutney :
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Green chilly – 2 – 3 nos
- Coriander leaves – Quarter bunch
- Salt & water – as needed
- Lime juice – a few drops
- Grind all the items given under “for chutney” to make a smooth paste and set aside.
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces and cucumber into thin round slices.
- Grate carrot and set aside.
- Take 3 slices of bread and apply butter in one of the slices , tomato ketchup on the second bread and coriander chutney on the third .
- Keep the tomato pieces on the butter spread bread , grated carrot on the bread with ketchup , cucumber slices on the chutney bread and sprinkle red chilly powder on the veggies.( i dint do )
- Arrange in ur desired order and serve !!
KITCHEN CLINIC :
|BREAD : |
Of all the foods which have been around throughout history, bread is close to being about the oldest one. The first ingredients were used during the Neolithic ages when bread is said to have been made from grains of ground cereal and water. The johnnycake, pita, tortilla and oatcakes from Scotland are ancestors of these early recipes.
Did you know that more than 59 pounds of bread and bread products are consumed by Americans?.
Bread is a wonderful source for iron, vitamins, calcium and protein as well as fiber in the whole wheat varieties which aids in the digestion process. Most white breads are not that high in calories, they usually range about 75 calories per slice or a little above; whole wheat on the other hand, is lower in
There are many health benefits of eating whole wheat bread, not just the high content of fiber. Whole wheat bread is also loaded with vital nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and niacin’s that are very important to your health and weight maintenance as well. Studies have shown that women who eat
Inflammation is lessened by people who eat healthy wheat breads on a regular basis and the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart diseases are lowered too.
The bread which is the healthiest for you can be found by checking the back label to see which ingredients are included in them. For the best health benefits from bread, either stone ground or whole grains should be the first on the ingredient label, not enriched. The bread should not contain high
TRIED & TASTED :
Simple bhendi fry from lubna’s blog
This picture will tell u how well it tasted..Yes , it was really superb..Thanku lubna ..I make bhendi fry by adding finely chopped green chillies and grated coconut…This one is a bit different..U can find the actual recipe here..
Bye for now