I’ve tasted homemade pizza at shalini’s house long back and i liked it very much..She taught me tawa method....But I tried in MW in my own way.It tasted excellent , soft and flavorful..We all loved it..The mistake i made was,i bought normal low fat amul cheese..I dint buy mozzarella cheese..I dint know there are varieties of cheese..So when u want to try this recipe, please do with pizza cheese..That will give u the exact taste like Pizza hut..My parents came yesterday & i prepared this for them .So i am sending this pizza to “Cooking for guests “ event by my SIL .. and also to Srivalli’s MEC : Potluck Party event..
- Pizza base – 1 no (medium sized )
- Tomato ketchup –1- 2 tbsp
- Tomato – 1 no ( cut into thin slices )
- Big Onion – 1 no (thin slices )
- Capsicum – 1/2 no (Small cube cut ) (i cut a little into slices and remaining into cubes )
- Green chilly – 1/2 no (finely chopped ) (if u get jalapeno,u can use it )
- Garlic – 5 flakes (finely chopped )
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt & pepper powder – a pinch (optional )
- Cheese – 1 small block .(Grated)
- In a MW safe bowl, Add 2 tsp of olive oil .Take the sliced onions, capsicum and green chilly & garlic pieces..Mix it well. MW high for 1 minute to saute well.Take care, the color should not change.(My MW is of 700w output.Please adjust the timings according to urs)
- Remove and set aside.. Take a MW plate and keep the base on it.
- Apply butter on both the sides of pizza base and MW medium high for just 30 seconds..Please dont keep it more because the base will become hard.. (If u want , u can omit this step .just apply the butter on the base.)
- Then , apply the tomato ketchup on one side of the base evenly..Apply more if u like..
- Take the sautéed onion, capsicum mixture and spread it with tomato slices in ur desired order.. Grate the cheese and spread it all over the pizza..
- Then pour 1 tsp of olive oil over the pizza and brush the sides too..
- MW high for 2-3 mins and just leave it till the cheese melts..
- Remove and sprinkle salt and pepper powder..Serve hot !!
Cheese is a good source of calcium, which helps build strong bones and teeth, and also prevents osteoporosis. Cheese provides 25% of the calcium in the food supply.
Cheese contains a high concentration of essential nutrients: calcium, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin A, riboflavin, vitamin B12 and high-quality protein. Certain cheeses, including Cheddar, Swiss, Blue, Monterey Jack and process American, have been demonstrated to reduce the risk of dental caries.
Individuals who are lactose-intolerant can safely consume aged cheeses, which contain little or no lactose.
Both regular and low fat cheese products are available in today’s market. Research has shown that a diet that includes three servings per day of dairy foods (such as low fat and fat-free milk and yogurt, high and low fat cheeses) as well as eight to 10 servings per day of fruits and vegetables reduces blood pressure and other risk factors for heart disease, including lowering HDL-cholesterol and blood homocysteine levels.
New research demonstrates that an energy-controlled diet rich in dairy products, including cheese in moderation, is associated with lower body weight as well as reduced risk of developing insulin resistance syndrome.
What is your current obsession?
Nothing Right now..
What are you wearing today?
I always wear Nighty @home.
What’s for dinner?
Sweet appam and karappam..
What’s the last thing you bought?
Groceries from Big bazaar..
What are you listening to right now?
Songs from kandasamy..
What do you think about the person who tagged u ?
Good cook, talented,friendly bloggers ..
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
It would be in Bangalore..
What are your must-have pieces for summer?
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour,
where would you go?
No doubt, its USA ..(My dream place )
Which language do you want to learn?
Love to learn Kannada and Hindi..I think I'll learn both from my li’l one after she go to school..
What’s your favorite quote?
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.Buddha
But I never follow this ;)
Who do you want to meet right now?*
My friends and my sis..
What is your favorite color?
Red, Black,White, Blue..Red is the most ..
What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own ?
What is your dream job?
No idea of going to job.But i wish to earn by sitting @home ;)
What’s your favorite magazine?
At present i like reading NAANAYAM VIKATAN.. Very informative magazine..
If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
I’ll buy a short kurta for my hubby and some dress for my baby..
What do you consider a fashion faux pas? (faux pas
mean error in etiquette.. )
I dont have anything to say on this..Its all the individual’s wish and comfort..
Who are your style icons?
No one ..
Describe your personal style.?
Simple & caring person..
What do you try to cook when you have cooking blues
(When you feel real lazy to cook some thing)"?
What are your favorite movies?
Nothing like that..It keeps changing ..
What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that
you can't live without?
I dont use any …Believe me . But I use deodorant ,only in summer..
What inspires you?
Loving and encouraging words from my friends and relatives..
Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
I always prefer to be simple…But i wear dress according to the place i visit..
****What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even
though your closet’s packed)? ***
coffee or tea?
don't drink both . Very rarely coffee..
What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly
Talk to my friend Shalini..
What is the meaning of your name?
Art / Picture ..
Which other blogs you love visiting?
All blogs ....i love to visit every ones blog ..
Jangri and Milk sweets
Favorite Season ?
Who inspired you to start blog?
Its my husband who told and helped me to start..
I would like to add on this Question?
I dont want to add any questions , but i want to remove one..**What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even
though your closet’s packed)?
What inspired you to keep this blog name?
Its the movie, Ratatouille…(My hubby suggested the title )
By this time U all would have been tagged by some of our blogger friends..So i am not going to refer anybody here..But u all deserve those honorable awards.So all the visitors of this blog please accept the awards.