I’ve tasted homemade pizza at shalini’s house recently and i liked it very much.She taught me tawa method using readymade pizza base.But I tried in microwav in my own way.It tasted excellent , soft and flavorful.We all loved it.You can try on stovetop too.The mistake I made was, I bought normal low fat amul cheese..I dint buy mozarella cheese.I dint know there are varieties of cheese.So when you want to try this recipe, do use pizza cheese.It will give u the exact taste like Pizza hut.My parents came yesterday & i prepared this for them .They loved it a lot.
- Pizza base – 1 no (medium sized )
- Tomato ketchup –1- 2 tbsp
- Tomato – 1 no ( cut into thin slices )
- Big Onion – 1 no (thin slices )
- Capsicum – 1/2 no (Small cube cut ) (i cut a little into slices and remaining into cubes )
- Green chilly – 1/2 no (finely chopped ) (if u get jalapeno,u can use it )
- Garlic – 5 flakes (finely chopped )
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt & pepper powder – a pinch (optional )
- Cheese – 1 small block .(Grated)
- In a MW safe bowl, Add 2 tsp of olive oil .Take the sliced onions, capsicum and green chilly & garlic pieces..Mix it well. MW high for 1 minute to saute well.Take care, the color should not change.(My MW is of 700w output.Please adjust the timings according to urs)
- Remove and set aside.. Take a MW plate and keep the base on it.
- Apply butter on both the sides of pizza base and MW medium high for just 30 seconds..Please dont keep it more because the base will become hard.. (If u want , u can omit this step .just apply the butter on the base.)
- Then , apply the tomato ketchup on one side of the base evenly..Apply more if u like..
- Take the sautéed onion, capsicum mixture and spread it with tomato slices in ur desired order.. Grate the cheese and spread it all over the pizza..
- Then pour 1 tsp of olive oil over the pizza and brush the sides too..
- MW high for 2-3 mins and just leave it till the cheese melts..
- Remove and sprinkle salt and pepper powder..Serve hot !!