- Idly – 5 nos (cut into cubes )
- Big onion – 1 no (chopped finely)
- Capsicum – 1/2 no (-do-)
- Green chilly – 1 no (Chopped finely )
- Garlic flakes – a few (finely chopped )
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp (increase as per ur taste buds) (use Kashmiri chilly powder for nice color)
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 1 – 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Oil – To deep fry the idlies.
- Water – Just to sprinkle
- Cube cut idlies into big pieces.Deep fry the idly cubes till golden brown.set aside.
- Heat a kadai with a tbsp of oil . Saute the onions , chilly pieces , garlic flakes and capsicum.
- Saute well till capsicum gets cooked.
- Then add the ketchup , red chilly powder, garam masala powder and mix well. Add little water to bring it to saucy consistency.
- Finally add the deep fried idly pieces and toss it well.Add curry leaves & coriander leaves.
- Garnish it and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with onion raita !!
- I dint deep fry the idly pieces instead i shallow fried it till golden brown.
- I dint have stock of coriander leaves .so i used curry leaves.But use coriander leaves or spring onions to garnish.It will enhance the flavor.
KADAPPA FROM ARUNA MANIKANDAN’S BLOG
My MIL have told me about kadappa.Even Shalini told me a kadappa with moong dal.This one , from Aruna’s blog is with channa dal.It was very nice .I had with idly.Thanks Aruna
Bye for now