- Green chilly (Long ones ) – 4 nos
- Tamarind – Small gooseberry size (soak in very little warm water)
- Salt – As needed.
- Powdered Jaggery – Small berry size / Sundakkai size
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Gingely oil / Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Heat a kadai with 1 tbsp of cooking oil and saute the green chillies.
- Remove and allow it to cool.
- Grind all the ingredients given above with green chillies to make a smooth paste.Add little water if necessary.
- Heat a kadai with a tbsp of sesame oil and splutter mustard seeds.Pour this chutney into the kadai , saute for sometime and switch off the flame.
If u want to keep this chutney for months , u should saute well till it becomes a whole mass ( no trace of water). Transfer it to an air tight container.My MIL’s mother prepare this chutney in large quantity whenever chilly price comes down and becomes cheap..But yesterday we made it very less .So i dint saute the chutney,.I just tempered , added the chutney and switched off the flame immediately.The secret of this chutney lies in the amount of tamarind we use.If u add more tamarind the chutney will be less spicy but more tangy and vice versa.So tamarind and green chillies used should match each other.Please adjust according to the measurements given above..
Do try and Enjoy this chutney with Idly , Dosa and curd rice !!. Don’t forget to let me know
KITCHEN CLINIC :
|GREEN CHILLY : |
Everybody who has ever tried a green chili is familiar with the mild bitterness and intense, sinus-clearing heat, but a lesser known fact is the myriad of health benefits that green chilies provide to those who consume them. Rich in vitamins and low in fat and cholesterol, green chilies are a super food with super flavor. The heat that the capsaicin provides is even a health benefit, so when you feel the heat, you know it's working. Available fresh, dried, ground, canned or pickled, there are a number of ways to enjoy the taste and health benefits of green chilies.
Vitamins and Minerals
body with lots of beta-carotene- more than even carrot. Moreover, it can help provide relief from various
problems like migraines, cluster headaches, sinusitis, and even arthritis. To add on to its benefits, chilies can also help prevent serious problems like cancers along with inhibiting the growth of leukemia and prostate cancer cells. The heating quality of chilies also intensifies the body’s metabolic activity thereby increasing its ability to burn calories and fats. Thus, eating chilies can also be beneficial for your figure.
considered as mere tongue-burning element.