I think most of u can prepare bonda/bhaji very easily ..But for me, making bhaji and bonda is always an achievement . I suck in making these.So i am always afraid to try even with readymade bhaji/bonda mix..Yesterday I Prepared this bonda for the first time.Usually i make only vada with urad dal . My MIL suggested me to try this bonda ..It came out excellent ..Thanks to my MIL , i learnt an yummy,easy snack .This gave me a confidence to try bhaji and bonda varieties soon ..
- Urad dal – 1/2 cup
- Green chilly – 1 no (optional )
- Pepper corns – 1 – 2 tsp (slightly crushed )
- Curry leaves – A few (chopped)
- Coconut pieces – 1 handful ( small in size)
- Coriander leaves – Few (chopped)
- Soak urad dal for 30 mins .Grind using very little water along with salt and green chilly.
- Now add the chopped coconut pieces , curry leaves ,coriander leaves and slightly crushed peppercorns..
- Mix well and make sure the batter is thick.If it is watery add little rice flour.
- Now heat the kadai with oil and fry these bondas in batches.
Serve hot !!
KITCHEN CLINIC :
|URAD DAL : |
Urad, also referred to as the urad bean, urd, urid, black gram, black lentil or white lentil (Vigna mungo) is a bean grown in southern Asia. It is largely used to make dal from the whole or split, dehusked seeds. It, along with the mung bean was placed in Phaseolus but has been transferred to Vigna. It was at one point considered to belong to the same species as mung bean.
HEALTH BENEFITS & NUTRITION