I learnt this Naan from my MIL.she got the recipe from a TV show.I tried it yesterday and it was super soft & tasty.We prepared naan & chapathi.So i wanted to make a simple korma that taste good for both.This korma i tried from here.It was very tasty and served as a nice accompaniment for both Naan & chapathi.Thanks to Varunavi .I got a simple & delicious korma recipe which i can prepare in no time.I used boiled tapioca along with potato.We dint find any difference in taste & flavor.So try the same & let me know friends ..
Let me start with a picture ,
- Maida / All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Ghee / Gingely oil / Butter – 2 tbsp
- Cooking soda – 2 pinches
- Salt & water – As needed.
- Take the flour in a wide mouthed bowl and make a dent in the center.
- Now put the other ingredients and mix well to make a soft , smooth dough..
- Keep the dough closed by a wet cloth and leave it for 2 hrs.( its not necessary tat the dough should be doubled in size. )
- Make sure the dough is non sticky after two hours. Even if its a bit sticky apply oil to ur hands and knead gently.
- Make even sized balls and roll it like chapathi by dusting in maida.
- Heat the dosa tawa and make naans by applying little oil around it.Cut it into two halves ..
Enjoy with this korma / gravy :)
KITCHEN CLINIC :
|TAPIOCA : |
Tapioca is a root vegetable like potato. In some developing countries such as Brazil, tapioca is provided as a nutritional supplement. It is also considered as an indispensable part of their daily diet. No doubt, tapioca is a brilliant source of starch and thereby supplies energy. But, health experts often prefer potato to tapioca as apart from starch, potato provides the body with certain other nutrients such as Vitamin C, Vitamin B6,dietary fiber etc. Unlike tapioca, it also supplies minerals such as iron, potassium,manganese and copper. But, the contribution of calorie is lower in case of tapioca.
Tapioca is low in saturated fat. Harmful presence of sodium is also low. Tapioca is also health-friendly in the sense it does not add bad cholesterol level in the body.People who are keen to increase their body weight are often advised by health experts to include tapioca in their diet.It is estimated that every hundred grams of this root vegetable provides three hundred and sixty calories of energy. Tapioca is found to be low in nutritional value as the presence of essential vitamins and minerals are minimal. But, tapioca is a stomach-friendly victual as it is easily digestible. Since, tapioca is mainly starch, it is