Recently my MIL was telling about the idly fry she had in her brother's place. I was attracted by the simple recipe and we tried with the left over idlies.It was very nice & tasty. Usually i add G&G , garam masala to make the fry. But this version is completely different from mine.No need to deep fry the idlies too. So its an easy & low calorie food.Do try this let me know friends.
- Left over idlies - 12- 15 nos
- Sesame oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - As needed.
- Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly - 4 nos ( long variety )
- Grated Coconut - 1 tbsp
- Small onion - 10 nos or Big onion - 1 no
- Jeera / cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cooking Oil - 1tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tbsp
- Chana dal - 1 tsbp
- Curry leaves - few
- Cooking oil - 1tbsp
- Coriander leaves - few
- Heat oil in a kadai and roast the items given under "To roast & grind " except coconut.
- Grind all the roasted items along with grated coconut.Add little water & grind to a smooth paste.Set aside.
- Cut the idlies into small cubes.Mix the ground paste and toss well. Take care the idly pieces should not break.
- In a wide mouthed kadai , add oil and temper the items given above .
- Now add the masala coated idly pieces and saute well for few minutes by simmering the flame.Saute till the raw smell of masala disappears.
- Switch off the flame and add the lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.