Yields 20- 25 biscuits
Delicious, mouth watering , flavourful biscuits are ready to serve with coffee/tea.It just melts in ur mouth.. !!
Points to be noted:
- Roast the flours together in oven for 1- 2 mins in microwave mode. U’ll get a nice aroma. Mix well , break lumps if any and then add it to sugar.
- Adjust the baking time as per ur oven. Mine took exactly 25 mins. Keep an eye after 15 mins of baking. Over baking may lead to hard , burnt biscuits. Also under baking gives a raw , uncooked smell.It wont come out of the tray easily.It will break.In this condition , keep it for 5-10 more minutes. U’ll get it right.Little cracks may come , no probs..
- If u want to add ghee or vanasapathi , just replace the cooking oil with it. The quantity would be the same ( may be little less)
- Usually in bakeries, they add vanaspathi/ Dalda.
- While kneading the dough , it shouldn’t be too crumble in nature.Add more oil if necessary. U should be able to make the flat balls without cracks.Roll it tight and make balls.(The procedure is same as we make for gulab jamuns )
- Don’t forget to add cloves.This gives the bakery flavour.
- Adding cornflakes is purely optional .
- I have added oats .So u may feel the biscuits are too soft. If u want , skip the oats and use wheat & ragi flour with little maida.
- Store the biscuit in an air tight container.Its shelf life is 15 days..