I am a big fan of pineapple.I love to eat it sprinkling salt& red chilli powder.My in-laws knows it very well.Last week when i went to salem , my FIL bought me a pineapple..I had half of the pineapple ..I made this juice with the remaining half for Sen (my husband).He liked it very much. This is a very simple recipe which u may know it.. I wanted to start summer special drinks with this simple recipe.Also i wanted to click (test) liquid pouring effect with my Dslr .. Hope it looks good.After a long time i’ve given the kitchen clinic section where u can find the health benefits of pineapple. Here u go..
NOTE: Please adjust the amount of sugar as per the sweetness of pineapple..
|Source: http://www.3fatchicks.com/7-health-benefits-of-eating-pineapples/ |
Pineapples are some of the most popular tropical fruits in the world. They are sweet, juicy, and delicious. More importantly, they are very healthy and nutritious. It is no wonder many people who want to have a healthy lifestyle include these fruits in their diets. To know more about them, here are some of the many health benefits of eating pineapples.
1. Packed with Vitamins and MineralsPineapples are loaded with vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium. It is also rich in fiber and calories. On top of it all, this fruit is low in fat and cholesterol. All the nutrients it contains promote good health.
2. Prevents Cough and ColdsSince pineapples are rich in vitamin C, it can fight off viruses that cause cough and colds. Even when you are already infected with such ailment, pineapples can help you. These fruits have bromelain, which is effective in suppressing coughs and loosening mucus. Eating pineapples while taking the right medications prescribed by the doctor for your sickness can help you recover more quickly.
3. Strengthens BonesPineapples are also popular for their ability to build and maintain strong bones. This is because these fruits contain manganese, which is a trace mineral that your body needs to build bones and connective tissues. In fact, if you consume a cup of pineapple, you can already get 73 percent of your total body requirement for manganese.
4. Keeps Gums HealthyPeople are always very concerned with their teeth that they sometimes fail to give importance to the gums, which are equally essential since they hold the teeth in place. If a person has unhealthy gums, his/her teeth would be in bad condition, and eventually will fall out. Eating pineapple will strengthen your gums that will help keep your teeth healthy and strong.
5. Lowers Risk of Macular DegenerationPineapples are known to prevent different kinds of ailments. One example is macular degeneration. This disease, which is the primary cause of vision loss in adults, is caused by damage to the retina. Reading, recognizing faces, and doing daily activities can become a lot more difficult because of this problem. Including pineapple in your diet can lower risk of this disease by as much as 36 percent. This is because this fruit contains beta carotene that is good for our sense of sight.
6. Alleviates ArthritisSince these fruits have anti-inflammatory qualities, eating pineapples can greatly alleviate the pain of arthritis while at the same time improve the condition by strengthening the bones. Apart from arthritis, it can also improve other similar conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome and gout.
7. Improves DigestionBromelain found in pineapples work to neutralize fluids to ensure that they are not too acidic. It also helps regulate the secretions in the pancreas to aid in digestion. Apart from that, since bromelain has protein-digesting properties, it can keep the digestive track healthy.