|HEALTH BENEFITS OF BANANA|
1. Bananas are a caloric dense fruit. Consumption of just one banana anytime through the day makes one feel energetic.
2. Banana is a food most appropriate when small but nutrient dense food has to be given in situations of extreme weight loss or extreme fever where the body becomes weak and there is food aversion.
3. They are a good source of potassium and magnesium which aid in maintaining normal blood pressure and are heart protective.
4. The high potassium content promotes bone health too.
5. Banana help counteract the urinary calcium loss caused due to increase ion potassium levels in the urine.
6. Bananas have an antacid effect and are said to protect against stomach ulcers. They contain a compound called as protease inhibitor which protects the stomach from unfriendly bacteria which cause stomach or gastrointestinal disturbances.
7. Bananas are also known to stimulate cell proliferation which thickens the stomach mucosa and is a barrier against stomach acids.
8. Conditions like diarrhea can easily dehydrate the body and deplete the electrolytes.. Consumption of banana helps to restore the lost potassium and helps maintain heart function.
9. Bananas are rich in the soluble fibre pectin. Thereby it assists healthy digestion and eases out constipation.
10. They are a rich source of fructooligosaccharides which act as a prebiotic and stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestine. They protect us from harmful bacteria that cause gastric disturbances.
11. Fructooligosaccharides also produce digestive enzymes which improve the ability to absorb nutrients.
12. Bananas contain short chain fatty acids which are essentially needed by the cells lining the intestinal tract to stay healthy. This further improves the nutrient absorption.
13. They are a good source of carotenoids which are antioxidants and have a protective effect against chronic disease condition. They also have a high content of antioxidant phenolic compounds.
14. Banana is known to render a soothing effect. It has a compound called as tryptophan which on getting converted to serotonin improves mood.
15. It is one of the ideal foods to be eaten immediately after a strenuous workout too. The simple sugars present in them quickly provide energy and normalize the blood sugar levels.
Bananas can be eaten whole, as a part of a salad, as a healthy beverage or as an ingredient of a vegetable. It is a fruit made by god for one and all and for every age group.
Source : http://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/health-benefits-of-bananas.htm
Technorati Tags: sharjah shake,sharjah shake recipe,kerala milkshake recipe,milkshakes,summer drinks,milkshake recipe,banana milk shake,banana milkshake recipe,Sharjah Milk Shake Recipe,Milk Shake using Butter Plantain,Sharjah Milk Shake Kerala Cuisine,kerala sharjah shake recipe,summer drinks recipes,summer drinks for kids,milkshake