Actually i din’t have an idea of making Holi special lunch menu.But when i was going through holi images,i got tempted by a Holi special lunch menu plate and prepared this yesterday.Though there are wide number of choices for North Indian Lunch Menu recipes,i prepared some based on the recipes i have in my blog.Also i read,Gujias are mandatory for Holi lunch.So i made sweet samosa and included in the menu.
In the above picture,i have plated Jeera Rice,Poori,Gujia,Paneer Butter Masala,Aloo Methi,Dal tadka,Masala dahi,Roasted Masala Papad,Pickle,Lassi and Paneer kheer.I have shared the links for all the recipes below.Please go through them.Do try this simple yet inviting lunch menu on Holi Festival and enjoy with your family.Wish u all a very happy and colorful Holi Celebration !! ..
HOW I PREPARED THIS MENU
For this menu,there is no soaking part and chopping is also very less.
- I chopped onion,tomato,green chillies and taken all the other ingredients required for making Dal tadka in a pressure cooker base.Added enough water,salt.To this,i washed and kept 3 big potatoes halved into two for making aloo methi.I pressure cooked both at the same time.It took nearly 15 minutes to get cooked.
- In another cooker,i prepared jeera rice.I din’t soak the rice and i used jeera rice with water ratio of 1:2.
- Then i made the dough for gujia.As the dough needs a standing time of 30-45 minutes,i prepared the stuffing in the mean time & kept them covered.
- While the dal and jeer rice cooker steam gets released, i removed methi leaves from the stem,washed and kept immersed in water adding salt and little sugar.I chopped onions and ginger bits and kept aside in a plate.
- By this time,dal with potatoes and jeera rice would be ready.I removed the jeera rice in a bowl and kept plain rice for mixing with dal tadka & curd.
- Then I took the potatoes out,washed & peeled the skin.I mashed the dal very well.I did seasoning for the dal,checked for salt and kept dal tadka ready.
- Then i prepared aloo methi.It took 10 minutes.
- Next i prepared paneer butter masala.I boiled tomatoes for blanching.In the mean time,i cut the required paneer and grated 1/4 cup for kheer and kept aside.PBM takes hardly 10 minutes to prepare.
- Then i prepared paneer kheer (recipe to be posted) and kept in freezer to chill down quickly.It takes 5-10 minutes.
- I prepared masala dahi raita.It takes just 3 minutes to prepare.Whisk the curd for lassi adding salt or sugar.Set aside.
- Now Gujia outer cover would be ready to roll & fill the stuffing.I prepared & kept it covered till i rolled poori.
- Lastly i made the dough for poori.As u all know,poori dough should not be prepared earlier as it absorbs more oil.I rolled the poori,spreaded in a news paper and covered with another paper to prevent drying.
- I kept oil in a kadai for deep frying and i deep fried gujias first.After u fry gujias,the heatness of oil will be more.So now u can deep fry the pooris.Drain everything in a tissue.
- Last but not the least,roast the store bought papad in direct flame.
In a plate,arrange all the dishes and and serve !
Enjoy this Holi Special Lunch Menu with your family
Technorati Tags: Holi Lunch Menu,Holi recipes,Holi lunch menu ideas,Lunch menu ideas,Lunch menus,North Indian lunch menu