kozhukattai varieties post along with sweet poorna kozhukattai & ulundhu poorna kozhukattai.We generally make 3 kolukattai with sesame seeds & jaggery stuffing just for sastram as none of us like ellu kolukattai except Sendhil.We also offer ellu urundai for Ganesh chathurthi.So my MIL keeps the ellu urundai itself as stuffing & make this kozhukattai.But this year,as she is with me, i asked her to suggest me some easy method for beginners to prepare this ellu pooranam instead of usual method.She immediately suggested me this easy,no cook pooranam.I was so happy and i tried it immediately.It was just awesome in color as well as taste.Beginners and people who look for easy stuffing can try this way.U can make it within minutes.In this post,i have included a full video recipe for kozhukattai making as per my readers request.Hope it will be useful to u all .Pardon me for mistakes.
Wish u all a very happy Ganesh Chathurthi 2014 !!
Do check out my other easy kozhukattai recipes
How to make kozhukattai dough & ganesha idol using kozhukattai dough” if interested.
Try this easy,no cook ellu poorana kozhukattai and offer Lord Ganesh !
- Use good quality rice flour. If u r planning to make by grinding rice, buy raw rice ( in tamil nadu we call as “maavu arisi) ie. the rice used for making rice flour..Its of different quality , not the one we use for pongal.It is cheaper in cost too..
- The water quantity I have given above is for store bought idiyappam flour & Anil kozhukattai maavu. For home made processed rice flour , water quantity may vary from 1.5-1.75 cups.
- Always add the required water while making the dough.If the dough becomes sticky or dry , u’ll get cracks. Keep the unused dough covered with a wet cloth or a lid while u make modakam.
- Its always better to prepare the outer covering after making pooranams/ stuffings to prevent the dough sitting for long time.
- U can refrigerate the unused dough be keeping in an air tight box & use the next day or the same evening.
- Pooranam can be prepared the previous day and refrigerated.
- Apply sesame/gingely oil in ur hands every time when u make the shape.
- Always place the idli plate arranged with kozhukattai after the water in the idli pot starts roll boiling.. This helps for quick cooking & also the kozhukattai remains white in color and crack free..
- Last but not the least , do not cook the kozhukattai in idli pot for long time which may lead to cracks.( maximum of 8-10 mins is enough)
- U can identify the cooked kozhukattai by its shining look..Always remove the kozhukattai after it becomes warm.Do not remove when it is hot. Kozhukattai may break.
Technorati Tags: Ellu kozhkattai,Ellu kolukattai,Ellu kozhukattai recipe,Sesame seeds modak,Modak recipe,Easy modak recipe,Easy ganesh chaturthi recipes,Ganesh chaturthi recipes,Vinayagar chaturthi recipes