Check out my other state and some more Tamil nadu lunch recipes here
First lets see how to place the banana leaf and serve the dishes in order.
- Always place the banana leaf such that the broader side of leaf should be on the right side of person who is going to eat.
- Start with salt on upper part left side of banana leaf(as shown in the pic).Some people may need more salt in dishes.Hence salt should be kept so that the person can add if its needed.
- Then serve the thayir pachadi on the right side upper part.Then comes kootu.Next to kootu keep poriyal,curry/roast.Here i served carrot thayir pachadi,keerai kootu and potato curry.
- Lastly keep the pickle varieties next to salt. Don’t forget to keep a tumbler of water.
- In the below part of banana leaf,keep the appalam,chips,vadam,masala vada or urad dal vada,Banana in the left side.Keep the rice in the middle of leaf and put some dal +ghee in one corner of rice.In Tirunelveli,people keep the dal in the right side and pour some ghee over it.In another corner of rice,add some sambar with vegetables.
- After the person finished eating dal rice,serve the sambar along with ghee if needed.
- Next to sambar,serve vathakuzhambu or more kuzhambu if its there.
- Then comes rasam.Before serving the curd,serve payasam.Some people wish to have in banana leaf and some prefer to have payasam in bowls.So serve it as per their wish.
- Lastly add the buttermilk/curd.
- After u finish eating,if its a marriage feast,close the banana leaf by pulling the upper part and cover the bottom part with it.It signifies that the person wishes to have this kind of food very often.Whereas if u have this food in a condolence meeting,then u should close the upper part with bottom part in the reverse manner.
Try and Amaze your guests and family members with this South Indian Full Meals menu, get the applause
Technorati Tags: South Indian lunch menu,South Indian lunch recipes,south indian lunch menu vegetarian,Lunch menu for guests,south indian lunch menu for party,South Indian lunch menu for marriage,South Indian lunch menu ideas,thalai vazhai ilai saapaadu