Source : www.krishna.com
Visit my in-laws blog for kolam ideas.
- Sweet seedai/Vella Seedai
- Uppu Seedai/Salt seedai
- Kai murukku
- Rice murukku & thattu vadai
- Sweet appam (Deep fried version)
- Sweet appam using paniyaram pan
- Poha Kheer/Choora kheer
- Butter murukku
- Paal payasam
- Vermicelli payasam
- Paal kesari/Milk sheera
- Microwave Rava Kesari
- Home made rice flour
- Homemade urad dal flour
- Ribbon pakoda
- Rava ladoo
- No cook aval panchamirtham
- Aval Payasam
- Aval/Poha Ladoo
- Besan ladoo
- Easy paal kozhukattai
- Flowers/Garland for decoration
- Fruits like apple,pomegranate,Orange,banana,guava etc
- One coconut for neivedyam
- Betel leaves & nuts (Vetrilai paaku)
- Oil & ghee to light the lamp
- Rice flour & colors for drawing Rangoli & Krishna feet
- A small cup of milk,curd,butter,Poha/Aval mixed with jaggery or sugar.
Ingredients for making neivedyam recipes
- Raw rice & Rice flour ( for making seedai , murukku & paal payasam )
- Sesame seeds & Jeera
- Jaggery ( For vella seedai & appam)
- Banana ( for appam)
- Sugar ( for Milk payasam)
- Milk ( for payasam/Kheer)
- Urad dal & Roasted gram dal ( Pottukadalai ) ( For making seedai,murukku)
- Butter/Ghee for snacks
- Cooking oil ( to deep fry)
- Do the shopping two days before the festival and finish making the deep fried neivedyam recipes like vella seedai , Uppu seedai , Kai murukku etc on the previous day of festival.Store them in an air tight box after everything cools down completely else they may turn soggy.DO NOT TASTE IT UNTIL YOU FINISH POOJA.
- Wash the lamps and other pooja vessels on the previous day night & keep the turmeric,kumkum dots.Put the threads & oil the lamp.Suppose if u don’t have enough time,u can do this job the next day morning or afternoon as we are going to do the pooja only in the evening after 6 pm.So its your choice.
HOW TO DRAW KRISHNA FEET
In many houses in South India, people draw footsteps of Lord Krishna from the entrance of the house to the Puja room. These footsteps are drawn with rice flour paste and drawing these footsteps is a sign of welcoming Lord Krishna home. Women draw patterns of tiny footsteps like those of infant Krishna.
After you finish the decoration & neivedyam preparations i.e after 6 pm, place the decorated Krishna on a plank/Peeta.Offer all the neivedyam recipes,fruits,curd,milk,butter in front of the God.Light the lamp & do the pooja, perform Mangala aarthi.You can sing Krishna songs or read Bhagavad Gita/Sri Krishna Ashtakam OR simply chant “Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya “means “Om, I bow to Lord Vasudeva or Lord Krishna’'in front of the GOD.
The next morning,do the pooja with a simple neivedyam like dry grapes or candy(kalkandu).Remove the idol at a good time ( Avoid Rahu kalam & Yama kandam )DISCLAIMER : The details I have shared here is purely our family’s method of celebration.It may vary from place to place and traditions.
Krishna jayanthi celebration,Krishna Janmashtami celebration at home,Gokulashtami celebration at home,Krishna Janmashtami festival,Krishna Jayanthi pooja procedure,how to celebrate Krishna jayanthi at home tamil,gokulashtami celebrations at home,gokulashtami recipes,Krishna jayanthi recipes,Krishna janmashtami recipes
Very Good Recipes Tags: Krishna jayanthi celebration, Krishna Janmashtami celebration at home, Gokulashtami celebration at home, Krishna Janmashtami festival, Krishna Jayanthi pooja procedure, how to celebrate Krishna jayanthi at home tamil, gokulashtami celebrations at home, gokulashtami recipes, Krishna jayanthi recipes, Krishna janmashtami recipes