**All these informations are collected from Internet,Please leave your feedback in comments if you feel anything important is missed or mispelt.I will add them.Thanks !
|Cinnamon||Pattai||Dalchini||Dhalchinachekka /||Patta / Karugapatta||Chakke|
|Cloves||Krambu / Lavangam||Laung||Lavangam||Grambu||Lavang|
|Cardamom||Yelakkai||Elachi||Elakayi||Elaka||Elakkaya / Elakka|
|Mace||Jathipathri / Jathikai thol||Jaipatri / Javintri||Japathri, Jajikaya Pathri||JathiPoo||Japatri / Jayithree|
|Black stone flower||Kalpasi||Phathar ke phool, Dagad Phool||Kallupachi, Rathipachi||Celeyam, kalppuvu||Kallu huva|
|Fennel seeds/Aniseed||Soambu / Perunjeeragam||Valaiti Saunf / Aawonf||Kuppi Soptu/Sompu||Shombu||Sompu|
|Star anise||Annasi poo||Anasphal / Badayan / Chakri Phool||Anaspuvu||Takkolam||Anasi hoova / Pineapple Moggu|
|Bayleaf||Brinji ilai||Tej Patta||Masala Aku / Biryani Aaku||Karuva Ela||Biryani Ele / Paththa|
|Dried Kapok buds||Marathi mokku||Shalmali, Semul, Kachra, Kabra, Karer, Kariyal||Marathi Mogga |
Tella Buruga, Enugadanta, Mumudatu
|Appakuttaka, Parappoola, Parapanni||Marathi Moggu or Ilavu or Puulaa, Mullilavu|
- Fennel symbolizes longevity, courage, and strength. In addition to its use as medicinal values, fennel has many health benefiting nutrients, essential compounds, anti-oxidants, dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins.
- It offers protection from cancers, infection, aging and degenerative neurological diseases..
- Furthermore, fennel seeds indeed are the storehouse for many vital vitamins. Vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C as well as many B-complex vitamins like thiamin, pyridoxine, riboflavin and niacin particularly are concentrated in these seeds.
- Cardamom is one of the most effective remedies against halitosis. Simply chewing on the seeds eliminates bad odors. Cardamom is even used in some chewing gums because of its effectiveness, billed as a surefire cure to the most offensive breath.It can also be used to help soothe a sore throat and relieve hoarseness of voice.
- The volatile oil in cardamom has been proven to soothe the stomach and intestines, making cardamom an ideal solution for a host of digestive problems, such as constipation, dysentery, and indigestion.
- Cardamom can be used aromatically to increase or encourage appetite, and also assists in soothing gas and heartburn. Generally, cardamom relieves most upset stomachs. To use Cardamom for digestive problems, consume seeds alone, serve ground seed with food, or serve as a tea.
- South Asians use cardamom’s relieving properties to help with the discomfort of passing gall and kidney stones. Cardamom, combined with banana leaf and alma juice, can act as a diuretic, soothing a variety of kidney, bladder, and urinary problems like nephritis, burning or painful urination, and frequent urges to urinate. The relief from uncomfortable symptoms provided through cardamom should not be considered a cure to underlying diseases and disorders.
- Cardamom oils can be added to baths as a form of aromatherapy that fights depression and reduces stress. Ground Cardamom seeds can be made into a tea for similar benefits.
- Cardamom helps to fight cancers like breast cancer, ovarian cancer and prostate cancer. Early research suggests that consuming cardamom regularly may help with preventing these forms of cancer.
Source : http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-cardamom.html
- Medicinal Value :Star Anise fruit is anti-bacterial, anti-spasmodic and a diurectic. Hence widely used in flatulence or gas like conditions.
- Culinery and Other Values:Star Anise is a major ingredient in Chinese Dishes for flavoring meat, veggies, curries, confectionaries and for pickling purposes. The oil of Star Anise is used to flavor bakery products, soft drinks and liquors. Also used in perfumery.
- Good source of minerals like copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, iron, zinc etc. also rich in vitamin C, A, riboflavin, folic acid etc.
- Used as drug in Eastern countries due to its stimulant, carminative, astringent and aphrodisiac properties.
- Mace is used in savoury dishes.
- Cinnamon is loaded with powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols (3, 4, 5).
- cinnamon can be used as a natural food preservative
- Cinnamon Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties.It helps the body fight infections and repair tissue damage.
- Cinnamon May Cut the Risk of Heart Disease.In people with type 2 diabetes, 1 gram of cinnamon per day has beneficial effects on blood markers.It reduces levels of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, while HDL cholesterol remains stable.
- Cinnamon May Be Protective Against Cancer.Cinnamon Helps Fight Bacterial and Fungal Infections.
- Temporarily treat a toothache.
- Relieve upper respiratory infections.
- Treat scrapes and bruises.
- Improve digestion
- Enhance sexual health.
- Reduce inflammation.
Black stone flowerDagad phool/black stone flower are commonly found in any markets or with spice smiths and it has uses in many dishes in hyderabadi.Similar to those of sweet pepper, it has quite mild aromatic flavor. It is not only used for aromas in soup preparations but also used as soup thickeners.
Stone flowers have medical properties to cure HIV virus. Stone flowers are the biological indicators of air pollution.
It is a good pain reliever and also promotes early healing of wounds due to its bitter taste.
It helps treating the skin related problem due to its cold potency. It helps in reducing any kind of inflammation in body.
Source : http://www.etradeasia.com/
- Provides relief from insomnia
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Helps to eliminate bad breath
- Helps to dissolve kidney stone
- Boost health of bones of body
- Helps in elimination of toxins from body
- Beneficial in maintaining optimal brain health
- Helps to reduce inflammation and pain due to wounds,arthritis
- Induces secretion of gastric & intestinal juices to ease digestion.
Source : https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/herbs-and-spices/nutmeg.html
- Bay leaves have been found to be effective in treating type 2 diabetes as they cause reduction in blood glucose, cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Bay leaves are good for promoting digestion and can treat digestive disorders such as heartburn and flatulence.
- The powerful phytonutrients in bay leaf provide protection against cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks and strokes.
- Bay leaves are effective in fighting the symptoms of cold, flu and infections.
Kapok BudsKapok Buds or Marathi Moggu, best described as a type of caper, are the dried buds of the Kapok tree or the Silk Cotton tree. It is called moggu in Kannada and mogga in Telugu which literally means a bud. Moggu is a spice used in some of Karnataka's cherished dishes such as Bisi Bele Bath, Saagu, Kannadiga style kootus to name a few. It is not eaten raw but is always roasted and ground with other spices before going into a dish.
Marathi Moggu is a term which is a misnomer, as this spice is native to Karnataka. However that has not come in the way of its adorning several Andhra style dishes as a specialty spice. This spice is widely used in preparing curry powders and also finds a place in Chettinad cuisine.
Technorati Tags: Biryani spices list,biryani spices names,biryani spices pictures,mace,biryani spices list in english,Biryani spices list in telugu,biryani spices list in hindi,biryani spices list in tamil,biryani spices malayalam,Biryani spices names kannada,biryani spices ingredients,biryani recipe,glossary,ingredients list
Very good recipes Tags: telugu, biryani spices list in hindi, biryani spices list in tamil, biryani spices malayalam, Biryani spices names kannada, biryani spices ingredients, biryani recipe, glossary, ingredients list