In this post, I have shared how to cook basmati rice in a pressure cooker, open pot, rice cooker and Microwave oven.
Points to note
- You can use any brand of basmati rice but please read the back of packet for the instructions of cooking and water quantity to get a rough idea.This is the first thing you should do to cook a perfect rice.In this post,i have mentioned the water quantity for India Gate Dubar- Green color packet.
- Basmati rice needs a minimum soaking time for 30 minutes to elongate while cooking.As a first step, try to soak the rice before you start making pulao/biryani.It is enough to soak it for a while you chop the veggies and do the grinding jobs if any.
- You can whole garam masala like 1 cinnamom,2 cloves,1 cardamom,1 bayleaf,1 star anise & 1 black stone flower in the water while cooking.
- Addition of lemon juice gives you the rice white in color.So wash the rice twice and add lemon juice while cooking to get the nice color.
- If the recipe calls for more tomatoes or tomato puree,adjust the quantity of water accordingly.
- In my observation,For 1 cup of basmati rice rice i.e.200ml
|Soaking time||Water quantity|
|No soaking||2 cups|
|Less than 30 minutes||1.75 cups|
|1 to 4 hours||1.5 cups|
|More than 6 hours or overnight||1.25-1.5 cups|
Health Benefits of basmati rice
Very good recipes Tags: how to cook basmati rice for biryani, basmati rice cooking tips, basmati rice water ratio, basmati rice cooking in pressure cooker, basmati rice health benefits, how to cook basmati rice, basmati rice