Making homemade pizza must be the dream for many.Me too not an exception.Whenever I order Pizza online from Dominos or Pizza Hut,i used to think “When I am i going to make it on my own???” Of course,I have tried pizza using readymade pizza base and shared a post in my blog years ago.But i was waiting to make a perfect pizza from scratch following a simple recipe.Recently my friend Shalini shared me an easy,no knead,no wait, stovetop pizza recipe(Also known as Tawa pizza/skillet pizza) video in youtube.I was super excited to see the ease and quickness of this recipe and tried it on the same day.I used a simple topping with onions,tomato,olives and capsicum.It was excellent in taste and got a big thumbs up from my family members!! Raksha loved it very much and asked me to make it the next day too.I tried a no yeast stovetop pizza as well.I will try to share that recipe by next week.As Valentine’s day is nearing,i thought this post would be useful for people to cook pizza without oven and treat your family.You can make the pizza base/crust thick or thin as per your wish.This recipe uses Self rising flour.As a susbtitute you can use maida + baking powder + salt.Check its quantity in ingredients section.I am sure this recipe would surely help you in making a great Veg pizza at home and that too within 20 minutes.You can enjoy it for breakfast,dinner or as an evening snack.Just give a try and share your feedback here,I am waitingggg .Ok, lets check how to make this super easy,quick Tawa Veg pizza on stovetop with step by step pictures.
Before going in detail i would like to share some Pros and Cons of this recipePros
- Making this pizza is super quick.There is no need of fermentation time for the pizza dough to double. You don’t have to knead or punch the dough as well.You can mix everything instantly and start baking.
- Proofing of yeast is also not needed if your dry yeast is very small in size like rava/semolina.As mine were bigger like mustard seeds,i proofed it for 5-10 minutes.
- Its a stove top recipe.So no microwave or convection oven is needed.
- The softness of this pizza is no less than oven baked pizza when eaten hot.So you can enjoy it without any compromise.
- I felt the quantity of yeast is slightly higher but don’t worry.There won’t be any smell at all.
- A good conditioned Non-stick Pan is a must for this recipe.You can’t bake in Aluminium or steel pans.
- As a general rule of Pizza, it should be eaten hot hot,directly from the tawa.When it turns warm,it becomes chewy.Reheating in microwave is not advisable.You can try for a minute in tawa in very low flame if you wish.But try to eat them hot to enjoy its best taste.
- If you want to make the dough in advance,you can do it.But refrigerate the dough by wrapping in a foil till use because the bottom of pizza will turn out yellowish due to yeast.
Try this easy,stovetop pizza on this special occasion and enjoy with your family !!
Technorati Tags: homemade veg pizza without oven,stovetop pizza,homemade veg pizza recipe,Veg pizza recipe without oven,how to make veg pizza without oven at home,tawa pizza recipe,skillet pizza,Homemade pizza recipe,Homemade pizza recipe from scratch,pizza recipe from scratch,Pizza recipe,cook pizza on stove top,Valentine's day recipe
Very good recipes Tags: homemade veg pizza without oven, stovetop pizza, homemade veg pizza recipe, Veg pizza recipe without oven, how to make veg pizza without oven at home, tawa pizza recipe, skillet pizza, Homemade pizza recipe, Homemade pizza recipe from scratch, pizza recipe from scratch, Pizza recipe, cook pizza on stove top, Valentine's day recipe