We had our lunch over there and it was a simple menu but filling and attractive to kids and parents. Though the number of items were less, everything were very tasty. Usually i hesitate and scare a lot to conduct party in my home and i have never conducted any parties. Other than family members, I haven’t invited anybody for Raksha’s birthday so far. But after attending this party, I got some ideas and confidence of conducting a party in my home. Hope I‘ll do it for Raksha’s next birthday. I tried the same party menu at home last Sunday.
As I was so much attracted by that party, I wanted to blog it for my future reference and for some beginners who are looking for simple party menu ideas. Hope you’ll find it useful.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED FOR SERVING FOOD
|Disposable serving plates |
In the recipe menu , i have mentioned the order in which the recipes were served to us. As all these recipes can be prepared in advance, u don’t need any helping hand to prepare them. U alone can do everything and take the credits. Here is how my friend conducted the party.
HOW TO CONDUCT THE PARTY
- As soon as all the friends and guests gathered, store bought aerated drinks like Pepsi, Fanta, 7up were served.
- She kept some events for kids and parents.U can plan some games like musical chair,passing a ball,placing a cap by playing a music and much more.Everything finished off in 30 minutes. After that cake cutting went on.
- After cake cutting, she conducted one more event for kids. In the mean time, her family members arranged all the recipes in a plate and kept ready for serving.
- In a disposable/Use & throw plate (like the one in the picture), they served a piece of cake, a sweet(I made gulab jamun with ready made mix), mixed veg salad, masala vada, vegetable pulao with raita and potato chips were served with a plastic spoon & fork.
- After we finished eating,they asked for second serving.Finally they served curd rice and pickle.
- Last but not the least, the lunch was finished with a small cup of ice cream.
- In the above recipes, pulao, raita, salad, masala vada and curd rice were prepared at home. Remaining were store bought.
- We parents enjoyed all the recipes but when i noticed most of the kids happily ate salad (as it had corn), cake(particularly cream), pulao, chips and of course ice cream. Some kids had curd rice instead of pulao as it was mildly spicy.
Please find the links for the recipes here
In addition to the above recipes,u can find
- Gulab jamun using ready made mix
- Store bought potato chips(I forgot to keep)
- A welcome drink ( homemade or store bought juice)
- Birthday cake piece
- Ice cream
HOW TO PREPARE RECIPES IN ADVANCE
- If u are preparing gulab jamun ,make it the previous day and store in an air tight box.To me this is the easiest sweet universally loved by all.U can also plan for other sweets like kaju katli,burfi or make carrot halwa and serve as a dessert along with ice cream.If u want to make the job most simple,buy some sweets from stall as my friend did in the party.
- Prepare the salad the previous day night and refrigerate by keeping in a box.On the party day,add freshly grated coconut,mix and serve.
- For veg pulao, chop the vegetables and refrigerate in a tupperware box the previous night.For about 10-12 people,u can make 4-5 cups of rice.As the number of recipes are more, adjust the quantity of rice accordingly.Prepare the rice 30 minutes before the guests arrive so that it would be warm while serving.( If u make in rice cooker,keep in warm mode)
- For curd rice,make 4 cups of rice.Prepare and refrigerate it in the early morning.As soon as u finish making the pulao,take the curd rice out and do the seasoning.Adjust the consistency and keep it ready.Do check out my curd rice post on how to make it creamy for parties.
- Prepare masala vada batter and refrigerate the previous day.Make vadas at the end and keep it open till it cools down.Make it slightly thinner to maintain its crispness. If u do not want to have masala vada in ur menu,u can try making gobi 65 or simply stop with potato chips.
Thanks for visiting this page .Hope u find it useful !